"Gas Pods"

Status
Not open for further replies.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Why did you choose to point them in towards the center? Is that the recommended placement?

GaryTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 VW Beetle TDI 5MT
When I was testing on my Golf they were at the same depth as the antenna with the odd one an inch or two in front of the antenna. They were also not angled. I guess they can be tested in any configuration you'd like as long as the suggested configurations are tried out if it produces no or negative effects.

AeroHance

(Susanne) Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Currently drive 2004 Volvo 760XC - Test Driving Golf TDI
I was going to mention the inward tip, but since he already started with that configuration, and he plans to do on and off, and off and on, I decided to see what happens, then suggest straightening out the central group. We've been modifying instructions to tip inward the outermost GasPods since , but I think that the center 3 GasPods may be better placed straight.

Diesl

Veteran Member
TDI
'78 Golf Diesel (long gone); 2012 Jetta Sportwagen TDI w/ DSG
As I said, I put them there just for the official picture. They'll come off again before I move the car. So, what's the verdict? Straight in the center, slightly angled for the outer six? The biggest pressure hole is in the middle, so I thought I try to shovel the air that direction.

A colleague and friend of mine suggested we try to actually measure the pressure, since differential pressure gauges have become so cheap. But then you get into all kinds of questions regarding the reference pressure: inside? But what about windows and fans? Outside? But where? What about measuring the deflection of the rear window under pressure? Will the noise drown out the signal? The advantage of a pressure measurement would be the faster turnaround.

AeroHance

(Susanne) Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Currently drive 2004 Volvo 760XC - Test Driving Golf TDI
So, what's the verdict? Straight in the center, slightly angled for the outer six?
Straight in the center, slightly angled - no more than 20 degrees - for the outermost. When you move the GasPods forward, you might want to keep both the outermost GasPods where they are, if they don’t interfere with the hatch cover operation to adjust for the racks:
R
A
C
K | | | | | | | | K Underline denotes hatch cover seam
\ ___________ /
Back of Car

"K" is for roof rack - program is collapsing the graphic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.