2011 Golf Wagon R Project

Xarvizux

TDI
2011 Sportwagen TDI R20
Hi there,
Second post here on the forums, Just wanted to share with you guys my project. It's a 2011 Golf Wagon TDI 6 Spd, I did the Front end Conversion myself on my backyard. Not the most profesional way of doing things but it worked and I'm super happy with the results. I just found a deal on rims from an Audi that will make that Golf R look stand out.

I bought the Complete Bumper with all parts needed from eBay. Installed myself and then did some minor mods to make it fit correct on the fenders.
Other Mods I have done is paint the mirrors Piano Black and Really matches the Bumper Fog lights. Should I paint the Rims Matte Black, Gloss Black or Gun Metal? They need a touch up anyway found them for a super good deal.

Any Recommendations?.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SkiBumJH

TDI
2009 JSW, sold back 11/17, 2012 Jetta Sportwagen
X - Wow that looks great. Looking to do this soon on my '12 JSW.

A few questions: Are the parts OEM VW or aftermarket? Which brand?

What approach did you take on matching the flat wheel well discrepancy? Working the fender or plastic bumper piece?

Can one guy do this or do I need extra hands to properly attach/detach?

Thanks...

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
Have you used the TireRack wheel fit pics on their site to see which color wheels look best on your color car. To me, the gunmetal is nice and doesn't scream so much. In your area, you certainly do not need to worry much about them getting dirty.