logging with vcds

white95v6

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 jetta 5spd tdi 2003 jetta jw 5spd tdi
ok i just got vcds for my car. i am trying to figure out how to log 12 parameters at once. i tried going to adv measureing block and selecting 12. but all it did was take a snap shot of the info. it did not log it.

what am i missing.

i can go to the engine section and log 3 groups. like 011,002,005(example). but thats all.

specsalot

Veteran Member
TDI
Currently none
white95v6 - After you're logged into one of the controllers, look for the "Advanced Measuring Blocks" button. This will give you a full list of measuring blocks supported by the controller. You can mix and match from the list (clicking the check box to the left of the measuring block).
You can save the list of measuring blocks so that you can reload them any time from the advanced measuring block menu. Right click the VCDS logo in the upper left corner of the measuring block selection window to save / load block lists.

Here is part of what the advanced measuring block selection window look like. The window has a scroll bar on the right side.

If you can't figure this out post more help requests. I'll try to do screen captures when I can connect up to my car. What you are describing in your post is logging using basic measuring blocks. Basic Measuring blocks are grouped sets which seem specific to certain diagnostic procedures.

Here's a link to Ross-Tech that talks about Advanced Measuring Blocks:

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/tour/adv-meas-blocks.html

Last edited:

white95v6

Veteran Member
TDI
ok i think i got it figured out.

you also have to re-name the log before you begin the log. or it will save it with other logs.

took me a min to figure that out. my race car software is alot different on that and ford stuff is alittle different. well the stuff i have used anyways.

white95v6

Veteran Member
TDI
a. Injection quantity

b.Injection duration (specified)

c. Coolant temp

d.Torque limitation

e. Injection Start (specified)

f. Vehicle speed (actual)

g. Boost Pressure (specified) = = = Intake Manifold Pressure (spec)

h. Boost Pressure (actual) = = = Intake Manifold Pressure (actual)

i. Charge pressure (control duty cycle) = = = N75 Valve

j. Torque Request (driver)

k.Engine rpm

l. Accel pedal position

those there the planed info. but injection duration i didn't see in the lists i looked at.

specsalot

Veteran Member
TDI
Currently none
Nice selection :)

What you see available will depend on your engine controller. I'm not familiar with the 00 or 03 TDI engines, but I understand they are some of the most fuel efficient TDI's VW produced. I think emission requirement basically ruined the party. Post up some graphs when you've had time to do some logging :)