New Balance Shaft Module Hex Drive Loose

onakaw

TDI
05 Passat Wagon
Got the new Balance Shaft Module and was giving it a good look over, discovered the oil pump hex drive is loose, like really loose in pump and balance shaft. Must be over 15 degree of slop back and forth. Is this right? Everyone else seeing the same thing. Thought Vdub tighten this area up. :confused:

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
another issue is that you negate the 12 month warranty on VW parts not buying direct from VW. Why chance it? the gurus don't.

SeaBlood

TDI
2005 Passat sedan
another issue is that you negate the 12 month warranty on VW parts not buying direct from VW. Why chance it? the gurus don't.
I bought my BSM kit from Bora and the Dealer cut me a check for the parts due to the car still being under warranty and the parts being OEM. Doesn't that mean they would have honored the 12 month warranty??

rarmstrong

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat TDI
Is World Impex a direct vendor? That's where I purchased mine and hope that they would honor the warranty. Its a new VW part.

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
anytime you buy a part from other than the manuf distribution network you may find that the manuf will not warranty it. their reasoning is that it was not in their direct control. I just got reinbursed for a part that failed after 11 months of a 12 month warranty. I could have saved 20 bucks buying it outside the dealer network but glad I didn't. It was only a 220$ part.

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
Actually that is incorrect, all parts bought from us have at least a 12 month/12,000 mile warranty. Balance shaft kits have a 12 month unlimited mileage warranty. We have supplied close to 200 kits, my dealership I found out is now the #1 destination for balance shaft kits in North America. They honor any warranties for failures due to workmanship; obviously like any part installer error would be a different story.'

I have numerous calls from dealerships buying from me as the price is so competitive it's often less than what employees can get at a dealer. On top of that there is no sales tax or shipping costs.

Cheers,

-BB

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
its commendable that you warranty the parts that you sell. you are right, many dealers only give employees 10 off, while their parts dept gives their trade customers far greater.

goldwave

TDI
2005 Passat Wagon BHW 139k /Km
I placed an order from Bora. 3500.00 beens...BS Delux, skid plate, disk/pads, Floor mat set HID lamps, CVJ/boot kit,....The only item to note was the plactic water pump. I purched a steel impeler unit. My new relation ship with Bora is A+

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
i was in no way saying anything negative about bora, he has stated that he warranties what he sells. my cost for bsm was 36 bucks higher getting it from a local dealer, who has and is willing to assist with tech advise if needed, and delivers to me.