Knocking rattle sound coming from drive train/suspension

jshwamie

TDI
2000 Golf tdi
Hello,

I have a mark IV '00 Golf TDI. I hit a large stone awhile back kicked out from a semi. I put a barely used suspension on the front. I then replaced bearings, ball joints, control arms. After this I started to hear some knocking / rattling kind of sound particularly when I turn left.

I'm going to try to attach a small audio file for you to listen to. I cannot seem to narrow down exactly what it would be. The bushings for the sway bars or sway links look fine but that's where my head is at for the source. I know if they shot, wore, shrunk/hardened there would be a gap between the rod & the bushing which could cause a knock. However I don't understand why it makes the sound mostly when I turn left. Any ideas or suggestions?

I'm currently under taking a new job so don't have the extra funds to take it in atm, and I don't have my tools and such available. At times the car will suddenly dart right while taking a corner to the right. I have researched and that is what lead me to the bushings. I don't have the money to waste so wanted to get more of a first hand opinion on the matter. Please and thank you!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

jshwamie

TDI
2000 Golf tdi
The bolt on the end of. The threaded end of the cv axle that goes through the knuckle/hub and has a nut on it. Straight sheared off. Driver side. Unreal I didn't lose my wheel and life going 80 down the freeway

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited: