lost key

leicaman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE, 2005 TDI GLS, RIP
You will probably have to have a key cut according to the vin of your car. At least that is how it works on a 2015 Golf TDI. I had a key literally break on me. The key itself did not break, but rather the white metal casting. Have a new key on order from the dealer. Bummer for you. I would look more for that key. If you are lucky enough to find it, go get a second key made.

Satsonic

TDI
2006 Jetta TDi (BRM) - DSG Trans (02E)
2006 Jette TDI, 301,xxx miles, 5 speed

I lost my 1 and only key for my 2006 Jetta TDI, what do i do?

JJB

Get a replacement from the dealer. They can order you one. I don’t recommend going aftermarket on something like this because you’ll have to likely replace the ignition cylinder and/Or it’ll mess with other parts of the security system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tactdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 Jetta
Obviously order at least 2 keys. The dealer can order precut keys, and then program the keys to the car (deleting any of the old keys). If you did not know, the keys are cut to fit the lock cylinder, and also have a RFID pill in the key holder that needs to be synced with the car. The new keys should also include the remote buttons that will also be synced to the car.

The RFID and the remote buttons work separately, and are programmed separately. Call around to different dealers if there are several in your area to price check on the cost of the keys and the programming.

jjbendo

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI, 5 Speed
I called the dealer and they also said it needed to be programed, as you mentioned.
I have a VCDS, is this something I do myself?

Satsonic

TDI
2006 Jetta TDi (BRM) - DSG Trans (02E)
I called the dealer and they also said it needed to be programed, as you mentioned.

I have a VCDS, is this something I do myself?

Unfortunately not. This is something that the dealer has to do as they have a “hardware ring” they place across the RFID pill (using factory computer) to program it. Kind of hard to explain in writing, but if you saw it you could see clearly why it needs to be done there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk