2004 VW Passat TDI Remote unlock not working

rolotomassi44

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Volkswagen Passat GLS TDI
I purchased this car on Nov 1 2010. Within three weeks, the remote door unlock (from the key has stopped working). I can still remote lock it. I can unlock/lock with the key. Could you possibly give me some insight in to whats going on, or possibly let me know if I could fix it myself?

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
I suggest you first get a VCDS and scan the Comfort Control Module and see if it is coded right. Then if that doesn't work, change the battery or go to the dealer.

Joe Gabura

TDI
2006 Golf
Remote not unlocking

The exact same thing happened to me. I bought a CR 2032 battery at a local electronics component outlet store for $1.50, installed it and now it works fine. The dealer wanted $13.00 for the battery.

johnboy00

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat Wagon, 2004 Jetta, 2003 Jetta wagon
+1 on changing the battery.

When my battery got low the trunk unlock stopped working but the other buttons were fine.

Jettascuba

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 VW Jetta
Hi, I know this is an old thread.

I just had a Polo TDI where the lock button worked, the boot button worked, but the unlock not. Scanned the comfort module, checked and reprogrammed the keys, no luck.

Then I put a new battery in, no luck.

Then I shorted the + and - battery terminals on the pcb inside the keyfob (battery removed please!), put the old battery in, and it worked. Same for the second remote. Happy client! After he had a frustrating and potentially expensive trip to the dealers - they wanted to sell him new keys - okay, it probably would have solved the issue too...

I suspect a latched-up condition occured inside both keyfobs.

indysoto

Veteran Member
Whatever u use to short it make sure it is just a straight wire

Whatever u use to short it(probaly a straight copper wire) make sure it is just a straight wire, Recently made a bone head mistake resetting a mainboard with wire in a twist from positive to negative(was just trying to get the terminals onto the tiny solders reliably from a distance), freq'ed the chip out and smoked it!

crsuperman

TDI
2004 Jetta TDI 1.9l
Lol I know this is an old post but it helped with my 2004 Jetta TDI. Remote stopped unlocking. All other functions were fine. I shorted the + and - terminals on the pcb (circuit board) inside the keyfob with a small knife (doesn't matter as long as it is conductive) and viola! Worked like a charm. Thanks again!

johnboy00

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat Wagon, 2004 Jetta, 2003 Jetta wagon
+1 on changing the battery.

When my battery got low the trunk unlock stopped working but the other buttons were fine.
Had another low battery a few weeks ago. This time the trunk worked but I couldn't unlock the door. All is fine again.