MP3 Hardwire/Monsoon question

nctacoma

TDI
03 jetta GLS wagon
Hi,
I am about to buy a Rio Karma, I want to somehow wire in set of wires to the back of the head unit so that I can use the Karma while I am driving. Are there Aux In RCA jacks on the back of the monsoon head unit from a 2003 jetta wagon gls? the rio has rca inputs, so if I can tap into the back of the monsoon with rca jacks that would be ideal. so please tell me yes, if the answer is no, then it looks like I have to buy one of the cd changer adapters for $70 /images/graemlins/eek.gif(yikes) to hardwire it in, so that I don't have to use a cassette adapter or fm modulator. is this all correct or am I missing some vital info? Thanks in advance.

Vroom

Veteran Member
TDI
mrrobmora
Nope, no RCA jacks in the back. So you'll probably have to get the adapter (or something equivalent).

Technically, the Karma doesn't have RCA jacks either. The dock has them, but the Karma itself only has a 1/8" stereo jack. It's almost too small to have RCA jacks! /images/graemlins/smile.gif No big deal though, you'll just use a stereo<->RCA cable instead of a regular RCA cable.

blitzoid

Veteran Member
TDI
Blue '02 Golf GLS TDI
There's a company called BlitzSafe which sells adapters. You can buy them at EnfigMotorsport.com