Scan Gauge II XGauge - EGT & Boost

eyedunno

TDI
2013 Passat SE, DSG,Sunroof and Nav
If that's the case then there is no real reason for EGT3. I can use that spot for something else. Thanks.

darrelld

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Tesla Model S85, 2017 Chevy Bolt
Comp u:
Did you have to remove the trim piece on top? Still not sure where the wires are running. Also, are you using the supplied velcro?
I am in the process of using this exact same mounting technique to install my Scan Gauge II.

darrelld

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Tesla Model S85, 2017 Chevy Bolt
Thanks for everyones work on the refining the XGauges for our 2012 Passat TDI's.

I have set up these parameters;

EGT 1 (Degrees Fahrenheit)
TXD: 07DF0178
RXF: 054106780000
RXD: 3810
MTH: 00090032FFD8
NAM: EG1

TXD - 07DF0170
RXF - 054146700000
RXD - 3810
MTH - 00910BB8FF64
NAM - PSI

My question is does anyone monitor post turbo temps for normalization after extended high speed highway runs. I know the owners manual mentions not to shut your TDI down after cruising at high speeds for a few minutes. I would like to monitor the exact temps so I don't sit around wasting fuel.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I do. I monitor whatever the first sensor is listed in this thread (post-cat?) in addition to pre-turbo EGT.

I'll usually wait until both sensors read 450F or less before I shut off the engine. Most of the time the wait is less than 10 or 15 seconds.

GTBullitt68

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
For those of you that have waited to get a ScanGauge II I just got mine from Advance Auto Parts online for $112. There is a coupon code offering free shipping and $48 off. The coupon code is RMN25. Best of luck and I look forward to programming mine soon!

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Thanks for everyones work on the refining the XGauges for our 2012 Passat TDI's.

I have set up these parameters;

EGT 1 (Degrees Fahrenheit)
TXD: 07DF0178
RXF: 054106780000
RXD: 3810
MTH: 00090032FFD8
NAM: EG1

TXD - 07DF0170
RXF - 054146700000
RXD - 3810
MTH - 00910BB8FF64
NAM - PSI

My question is does anyone monitor post turbo temps for normalization after extended high speed highway runs. I know the owners manual mentions not to shut your TDI down after cruising at high speeds for a few minutes. I would like to monitor the exact temps so I don't sit around wasting fuel.
On your boost RXF, "146" puts the decimal point in the wrong position. It should be "186"

wild_phil

TDI
None yet
I have an H&S minimax, any chance I can hook it to my OBD2 to read guages?

Learning about TDI's.

Loki

TDI
2005 NB TDI; 2006 Golf TDI
I just moved my scan gauge to my new car. I didn't have a need to add X-gauges until now. With the help of the guys sharing there knowledge here and a lot fiddling I finally managed to get it programmed. I now have EG1 and PSI and EG2 (bank 1 sensor 2).

With this help I will be able to see when regen is happening--Thanks Guys

wild_phil

TDI
None yet
You might. It connects to OBD. Can't hurt trying.
It powered it up, but would not read. I am going to take the Spartan out of my wifes F250 and see if it will read. Drew Tech makes it and they are supposed to read guages for a crap load of vehichles.

Learning about TDI's.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
A new place called TechShop opened here.

http://www.techshop.ws/austin_round_rock.html

Ford is offering a program there on OpenXC:

http://www.techshop.ws/Events.html?&action=detail&id=779

Ford’s OpenXC platform is the first open source automotive platform that allows drivers to develop apps for their automobiles. More precisely, OpenXC connects to a car through the OBD-II data port, and with a system of open source hardware and software, it draws and descrambles rich sensor data from the car’s digital core. For the very first time, you can pull data out of the awesome array of sensors and computers built into your vehicle!

http://openxcplatform.com/

Maybe something interesting.

wild_phil

TDI
None yet
I havent priced a Drew Tech lately, butb6 months ago you could get one for 550 new. Gauges only. Pretty good price imo.

Learning about TDI's.

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Highline Touareg TDI
We've gotten a couple questions about how we put EGT on our ScanGauge II, so I'll make a quick post.

I got this information from here: http://www.scangauge.com/support/xgauges-for-cansf-vehicles/

If you scroll down in the list you'll find the section labeled "Catalyst Temp Sensors"

Instead of CTF or CTC, use EGT for the label on the units you prefer.

For information on how to program an X-Gauge, read page 38 on the Owner's Manual here:

http://www.scangauge.com/wp-content/plugins/download-monitor/download.php?id=1

Thanks,

-Jason
I tried this on my 2011 jetta tdi, it worked however i uses the celsius calculation and at idle im seeing 1020s which is no where near right...my wifi dongle and engine link app says 200s.

I checked the numbers 4 times what could be wrong?

Boost seem to have worked and i have 0 at idle ill need to drive it for sure but seem to work.

Folks at scanguage were nice i sent it in with a note saying my left side of the screen was fading at night and they gave me a whole new screen :)

Diesl

Veteran Member
TDI
'78 Golf Diesel (long gone); 2012 Jetta Sportwagen TDI w/ DSG
I'm not sure about the subtraction for ºC. I think the ºC temperatures are offset by 40 degrees (so that the unit never has to report a negative number), so the ºC math should be 0001000AFFD8 (same ending as for ºF, since by magic -40º Fahrenheit = -40º Celsius!)
But neglecting that should not throw you into the 1000's, but just to 240 ºC instead of 200 ºC at idle, and 350ºC with gentle throttle on the highway, and 640ºC instead of 600ºC during regeneration.

All the codes I use are here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=4123931&postcount=33

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
thanks diesl i put in the boost and egt1 from your list i believe its working good..idle is .3 or so boost and max was 23.1 ish....egts are 120-180 idling (3 inch sure cools quick) .... WOT pulls i was seeing 600s

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
im using this for boost

07DF0170 05418670 4810 00910C80FF6D

but i get -0.8 psi at idle can anyone suggest what to change to get it closer to 0???

Thanks guys

Diesl

Veteran Member
TDI
If I remember correctly, you should add 8 to the FF6D, to subtract 8 less, which makes it FF75. I think. It will vary with barometric pressure.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I have never had ours go out due to weather changes - only elevation changes.

kapps

TDI
2014 Golf 6MT
I used 76 at the end of boost here in Florida and get a nice .1 psi with engine off. FF6D was giving me -.8 psi.

Diesl, any idea what the MTH for intercooler temp would be in degrees F?

Diesl

Veteran Member
TDI
Savageman's post #347 above has the conversion; exactly the same math as for the exhaust temperature.

Last edited:

vw_norm

Gone, but not forgotten.
TDI
2012 NMS TDI SEL Platinum Gray w/moonrock
I have never had ours go out due to weather changes - only elevation changes.
Yep, I see negative boost at idle when over 3500'. Zero at idle when at sea level - like at 2 feet altitude. I've seen 23 psi when pushing up a steep grade and EGTs in the 1200+ range. I just love the way this engine eats hills without even working up a sweat, constant downshifts, high revs like a gasser does.

Last edited:

kapps

TDI
2014 Golf 6MT
Diesl, I tried that MTH value but it was returning -25. I ended up replacing the 32 with a 05 that I saw in another post for temp measurement in degrees F and it seems to be working.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
26 psi seems high. I never see over 23.0 at sea level, and it goes down from there with an increase in altitude.

Diesl

Veteran Member
TDI
Diesl, I tried that MTH value but it was returning -25. I ended up replacing the 32 with a 05 that I saw in another post for temp measurement in degrees F and it seems to be working.
Dang, that means the factor 10 ('A') division should also be wrong for the Celsius equation! Maybe PID 77 is more like 05 and 46, than the exhaust temperatures (which do require the divide by 10). I have to check my ScanGauge programming.

Last edited: