must have options?

butteAK

Veteran Member
TDI
96 passat 1Z, 97 passat AHU, 99 jetta ALH motor for future buggy project
I am looking at picking up a used q7 in the next couple of months, what options do you consider indispensable?

EVO&TDI

TDI
2012 Q7 TDI
I wished I could get the warm weather package without the enormous sunroof. I just wanted the 4 way controllable a/c. I ended up putting attic insulation foil type stuff on all of the glass roof bits to keep the Texas sun out off my head.

butteAK

Veteran Member
TDI
96 passat 1Z, 97 passat AHU, 99 jetta ALH motor for future buggy project
4 zone climate control is on my must have list along with middle row air bags, towing package, prestige package for the nice mirrors and headlights; are all q7's air ride? there is not much info on that that I am finding.

palewhitemale

TDI
A3
since you're in alaska, I'd say the cold weather package, a heated steering wheel is nice.

If you plan on doing any towing, I'd suggest one with a towing package, you'll get slightly higher tongue weight and towing capacity, in part due to a more robust cooling system.

My absolute favorite option is the Air Suspension. They did not all come with it, and I believe that some years it was only available with the Prestige package.

The only thing that I can say is really not worth the money is the rise-out-of-the-dash B&O sound system. The Bose system in the Prestige package can be tweaked to sound pretty good.

ask away if you have other questions, I can try and be of help. I'm pretty familiar with the platform.

-bill