1996 Passat Wagon B4V-TDI

chrisd1891

TDI
Passat B4V 1996
A very nice Passat Wagon up for sale. 1.9l TDI engine with 155k miles on it. This car is on its third owner, you will be the 4th. Not a car you see every day, less than 1000 were imported to the US
The good -
Runs really well
Manual transmission
Tan leather interior
Everything works!
Windows go up and down
Blinkers blink
Heater works
AC works
Headlights and wipers work
Moonroof works
Doors and locks work
Central locking functions well
Gets over 40mpg in the city, high 40's on the highway
No rust

The bad -
There is a small exhaust leak somewhere, when you start the car you can smell it
New brake pads are needed
Dent on the lower door on driver's side
Struts are dead, could benefit from getting new ones
Tear in front passenger seat, interior front shows some wear
Passenger door won't unlock from the outside, central locking unlock function still works
Some door dings, some scratches on the bumpers, otherwise there is no rust and the paint still shines

And I'll get more pictures of the interior once it's bright outside.
Price is set at $3900 obo. Negotiable, but don't low ball me...I know that these cars are rare and fairly desirable. Car is located in north seattle (shoreline) :)
Email me at chrisd1891 (at) comcast.net

Last edited:

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
so, is this a VR6 Conversion car? or did someone swap on the 5x100 hubs?

good price. but thats info that should be disclosed if details are known.

TDI Jim

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat, 1996 Passat Variant (RIP), 2002 Jetta Wagon, 1995 Passat Variant TDI conversion brought back from the dead, 1997 Passat Variant project, and returned 2014 Passat
B4v

PM sent

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
There's a build sticker affixed to the floor in the rear cargo area, usually under the black covers. Please identify the engine code shown there, or provide the VIN.

One thousand B4V TDI in North America (if you really want to believe the half-truths from NCC), but how many B4 with VR6?
There are nearly as many conversion B4V TDI as there are real ones left.

chrisd1891

TDI
Passat B4V 1996
There's a build sticker affixed to the floor in the rear cargo area, usually under the black covers. Please identify the engine code shown there, or provide the VIN.

One thousand B4V TDI in North America (if you really want to believe the half-truths from NCC), but how many B4 with VR6?
There are nearly as many conversion B4V TDI as there are real ones left.
So I'm selling the car for a friend, i'll post the details as soon as I run up there to take some better pictures. My friend says it's a factory TDI, but I will certainly get the number just to make sure.

And I'm sure you're right about NCC. Since i'm a VW fan, my friend asked me to take a look at this car after the mechanic tried to buy it off him for cheap. I googled around and found it was a very highly regarded car, and I saw that stat on NCC. After looking a bit more at NCC, it looked like they were a bit shady, as they asked absurd prices (on the order of 14 grand for these cars...some with around 200k+ miles) after replacing some of the cheapest components and giving them a good detailing job. Don't get me wrong, they looked like nice cars...but not $14,000.

EDIT-

VIN is... WVWHG83A3TE065806

http://www.decodethis.com/Default.aspx?tabid=65&vin=WVWHG83A3TE065806

It's a real one, the hubs were just a swap from the previous owner. :)

Last edited:

chrisd1891

TDI
Passat B4V 1996
As of now, the car is tentatively sold, as I'll be getting a deposit soon. You can still PM me if you want to make an outrageously high offer :) , but it sounds like it'll be going to the guy who contacted me first about it.

Cheers :)