OMFG! BMW 7-series Diesel

Volkstraktor

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat
It's on E-bay. '96 725TDS with a 5-speed stick! $7,500, god I wish I had a spare pile of cash. And then there would be the maintenance too...
Big, comfortable, and nobody could work on it. Oh, wait, I already have a Passat TDI... ;) :p :D

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
What are the chances you'd be able to register the car in CA? What if the seller can't produce any of the NHTSA/DOT releases?

tmleadr03

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta
Volkstraktor said:
It's on E-bay. '96 725TDS with a 5-speed stick! $7,500, god I wish I had a spare pile of cash. And then there would be the maintenance too...
Big, comfortable, and nobody could work on it. Oh, wait, I already have a Passat TDI... ;) :p :D

I cant find it now. Must have sold.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Volkstraktor said:
It's registered there. There's a picture of the registration form in the ad.
No... there's a picture of the title.

catmandoo

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 jetta gls tdi,91 2dr jetta gl n/a diesel
well i would think if they issued a title that they would register it!!cool car though.i have a 96 740il and would love to have a diesel and a 5spd under the hood.oh and in the ad it says 740il body style.that is wrong it's the shorter 740i.

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Some of us still don't understand that the USA doesn't have uniform registration and titling laws. In fact, there is signficant variation in practice from state to state. And some states are far more lax than others, just look at FL.

MrMopar

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none
dieseldorf said:
Some of us still don't understand that the USA doesn't have uniform registration and titling laws. In fact, there is signficant variation in practice from state to state. And some states are far more lax than others, just look at FL.
From what I remember reading in obscure internet sources, Kansas has got to have one of the most lax titling procedures and regulations. Apparently an inordinate about of flooded, totaled, and stolen cars are titled through Kansas and then transferred back to be titled in whatever other state they want to be sold in. Numerous people have told me to never buy a car when the Carfax indicates that it has been titled through Kansas with no other documentation given as to why it was.

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Mr.Mopar, there's a reason they refer to FL as the "Time Tunnel" when it comes to used cars :D You send a skunk thru at one end and she comes out smelling like a rose at the other ;)