2002 Golf TDI GL 4-Dr ~97K miles $2K - Jersey City NJ

ceemarguerite

TDI
2002 Golf GL
THE CAR IS SOLD! Thanks TDI Forum!

Hello!
Long-time lurker, first time poster. I'm selling my beloved 2002 Golf TDI GL. I'm the first and only owner. Alas, I can no longer afford to keep up with insurance or repairs.
Here's the thing, I'm selling the car for $2,000 'As Is' because it definitely needs work, even though it still runs pretty well. I was looking on the blue book value and I'd say it's on the low end of the fair condition. I think $2K is a really good deal considering it would take some money to get it in good condition. Or if you're a mechanic, you can do the work yourself! Also, I'm not entirely sure all of the work that needs to be done. But I can tell you the basic deets!
-Bought in Texas in 2002.
-Approximately 97,000 miles (can get the exact mileage if necessary)
-4-door
-Manual
-6 disk player
-NON-power windows
-back two door windows and back window tint
-right side mirror casing will need to be replaced :(
-rear-ended in 2009 and back bumper is out of alignment (see photos); no other accidents
-paint off on all four bumpers from parking in NYC
-minor dents
-dumb person spray painted left front headlight black on Halloween. Still working to get the paint off :(
-no rips or tears to inside upholstery.
-no hubcaps
-check engine light currently on; I'm 99% sure this will come up as a glow plug, and that the glow plug case will need to be replaced. Kept getting glow plugs out every 6 months, and did a test by replacing them all in February. Looked on here for how to do that...thank you!! Since roughly a year seems like a short glow plug life, I'm assuming it's the case. But again, I only know what I learn on here
-Front end out of alignment
-oil changed about every 10K miles. Don't have receipts though.
-Needs a good tune-up. Currently getting around 30-35 MPG, which, as you all know, is terrible.
-Inspection sticker good through 2/2019
-Although not recently, I have smoked in the car. :(
That's all I know off the top of my head. Changed the front brake pads in roughly 2010, tires changed over the years. Unfortunately, I just can't afford to make the necessary repairs in order to sell it for more. I just don't want to sell it for less! It is such a good little car that will be awesome in the right (loving) hands.
Please feel free to ask questions!!! Here are pictures: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmbA6DKB
Finally, thanks to all of you for the forum. It has helped me so much over the years!
Best,
Carie (ceemarguerite)

Last edited:

nomorotors

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta 5-Speed, 01 Jetta 5-Speed, 02 Jetta 5-Speed Conversion, 04 Passat 5-Speed Conversion, 05 Passat 5-Speed Conversion, 05 Passat Wagon
That'll make a cool little ride for someone!
-Jason