please help!!

TDI
2001 TDI and 2006 TDI
I have a 2001 jetta TDI. the problem is my windows will not work from the drivers side. windows will work from each window just not from the drivers seat. However if I disconnect my battery or disconnect the harness to my window regulator on the driver door and plug it back only my driver window will then roll down but only for a few secs. and then it wont work again. I have put a new driver side window switch on, new door harness on, new window motor on, new door lock actuator on driver door, checked ALL fuses, and bought new CCM. I don't think I bought the right CCM though because when I install new CCM the alarm sounds as soon as I plug in the harness?

The sunroof works but the doors locks from the drivers side will only lock and unlock the drivers side

Also if the car sits for a couple days the battery is drained and I have to charge the battery. but as long as I drive it daily the battery stays charged. I have tried disconnecting the pos. and neg. battery terminals and holding them together for couple min. and re-installing them on the battery. I have ran a vcds got the following:
16786 - EGR system excessive flow
16764 - glow plug/heater malfunction
19561 - valve for intake manifold flap open or short to grnd
00668 - ABS supply voltage terminal 30
00953 - interior light time limit
01334 - door control module: rear right
01333 - door control module: rear left
01332 - door control module: pass. side
01331 - door control module: driver side

any help would be greatly appreciated :confused:

Last edited:

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
The ccm should have the part number on it, as long as you buy the same it should be all good. There's 2 canbus systems for the mk4 though and they wont talk to each other so you need to watch the part numbers.

If your ccm starts with 1C0 then your window motors up front should also start with 1C0 and if the ccm is 1J0 then again the motors up front should be the same i.e. 1J0

It could be that one of the parts in the system is wrong, that would do it.

Only other thing I would check would be that there's no bent pins in the plug for the door harness, that one caused me a pile of grief at one time.

AnotherPerson

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 Beetle
Did you do a full code reset? I had some strange issues that solved and they never came back. Couldn't tell you the reasoning behind this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wonneber

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagon,2003 Jetta 261K Sold but not forgotten
When you replaced the 'new door harness' did you clean the ground connecting inside the car?
With a few codes outside the CCM I'm thinking bad ground, maybe power feed.
There's a ground connection under the battery tray that's been mentioned many times.

TDI
2001 TDI and 2006 TDI
The ccm should have the part number on it, as long as you buy the same it should be all good. There's 2 canbus systems for the mk4 though and they wont talk to each other so you need to watch the part numbers.

If your ccm starts with 1C0 then your window motors up front should also start with 1C0 and if the ccm is 1J0 then again the motors up front should be the same i.e. 1J0

It could be that one of the parts in the system is wrong, that would do it.

Only other thing I would check would be that there's no bent pins in the plug for the door harness, that one caused me a pile of grief at one time.
I checked the pins they seem good but good info on the ccm. thank you!

TDI
2001 TDI and 2006 TDI
Did you do a full code reset? I had some strange issues that solved and they never came back. Couldn't tell you the reasoning behind this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure what you mean by full code reset? I went into the vag com and cleared the codes but they come back when I turn car off and re-start. is that how you do a full code reset?

steve6

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta tdi
Did you change the window motor at any time before this started happening? It acts as a logic board in the CCM circuit, make sure you put the right one in.

TDI
2001 TDI and 2006 TDI
When you replaced the 'new door harness' did you clean the ground connecting inside the car?
With a few codes outside the CCM I'm thinking bad ground, maybe power feed.
There's a ground connection under the battery tray that's been mentioned many times.
yes I removed the battery tray then removed the ground cleaned with sand paper and electron spray also cleaned the ground under the windshield cowling for the ECM.

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
Not sure what you mean by full code reset? I went into the vag com and cleared the codes but they come back when I turn car off and re-start. is that how you do a full code reset?

Go into can gateway, select soft coding and hit do it. It seems to reset the can bus and can cure random issues.

hesty32

TDI
02 ALH Smyth Ute, 03 ALH wagon, 04 BEW golf
Wanted to resurrect this thread because I found a solution! (and there wasn't a final posting on this one). 03 ALH wagon, had the same indications as the OP; drivers door controls only worked drivers door lock. Drivers window controls didn't work unless you unplugged/re-plugged the door harness somewhere, then it would work for 2 minutes. Fuel door release didn't work nor the electric mirrors. I also had a serious battery drain, after 36 hours it was low enough you couldn't start it. I did a 'draw' test and found that fuse 38 was drawing .1 without the key in the ignition. Seemed to be all related.

I replaced just about everything; door harness, drivers door switches, CCM, Driver door lock module, window motor module, checked all the fuses, shot most of the wires, couldn't find anything that looked wrong or changed the conditions. VAGcom couldn't talk to the central locks nor the central convenience module. was ready to scrap the dang car!

Then I found this thread; Seatman was exactly correct. The first 2 digits of your ccm, and window modules have to match. My CCM is a 1C0. The door module was a 1J1. All three of my spare window modules are 1J1s so swapping them did no difference. I have an 03 BEW sedan and tried the CCM out of that car (it is a 1C0) and that made no difference. Then I took the 1C1 door module out of the sedan and tried it. Then used VAGcom to reset the CCM as noted by previous poster (Can Gateway, coding, do it) and all my symptoms are fixed! Even the battery drain!

Bottomline: your part numbers between CCM and door window modules have to match the first two digits! I checked all the cars in my shop and found: 1K in an 04 BEW Golf, 1C in 03 BEW sedan and ALH wagon, 1J in the 02 ALH sedan (Smyth Ute). They are not cross compatible!

Sorry for the long post but wanted to add the resolution to this thread and try to be clear about what all I tried, conditions, and the solution.

It had the conditions when I bought the car BTW. I suspect the PO tried to replace the window motor and just got the wrong one. He was upfront about the issue though.

I'm just dancing a jig that its fixed! Highway tolls, drive throughs and one police traffic stop have been heinous with no window control!

Last edited:

wonneber

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagon,2003 Jetta 261K Sold but not forgotten
Interesting.
I wonder why it works for 2 minutes.
From my list on fuses:
38. Central locking system (with power windows), luggage compartment light, remote/fuel tank door, motor to unlock rear lid (15A).
The fuel door does not connect to the CCM from what I see. It should have worked unless the fuse was out.