2005 Golf TDI Manual?

Muskiet

TDI
2005 Golf GLS TDI
I recently purchased a 2005 Golf GLS TDI, this is my very first TDI and I found that I'm in love.
I like to repair my own cars, but I won't start a job without a manual.
For all my other cars I've always had both the Haynes and Chilton manuals since sometimes one and sometimes the other sucked regarding information about the system I'd be working on at that time.

Now I find that Haynes sells manuals up till the 2005 Golf, but only covering up till 2004 TDI engines.
Chilton's manual covers 1.9L ECO diesel engines, but I honestly don't know if that is what I have.

So my question is whether the differences between the 2004 TDI and 2005 TDI engines (I believe 90 HP vs 100 HP right?) are big enough to stop myself from buying the Haynes manual and whether the Chilton manual even covers my car.
Could somebody please point me to the best manual?
It doesn't have to be Haynes or Chilton of course.

JB05

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf,2005,anthracite blue
Go with the Bentley, but you will also find alot of info here pertaining to your BEW when it comes to repairs or general over all facts.

Killerkaw

TDI
05 golf
I found myself in the same boat, I have the 05 with a bew motor and I'm looking to rebuild it. I looked up the Bentley manual and it does not specifically state that is for the bew engine they also want $70 for it

maxmoo

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 golf, 2001 golf, 2000 beetle, 2003 wagon, 2004 golf, 2004 jetta, all diesels
I found myself in the same boat, I have the 05 with a bew motor and I'm looking to rebuild it. I looked up the Bentley manual and it does not specifically state that is for the bew engine they also want $70 for it
That's cheap for a wealth of information.
Yes, the Bentley does cover the bew too.....just get the right one for a '05.