swap tuned computer from old tdi to 'new' tdi

iamatt

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta 6 Speed manual
I had a 2014 JSW 6MT with a malone tuned computer. The TDI was flooded during HARVEY but I pulled the ECU out after. I just purchased another 2014 Jetta tdi 6MT yesterday for 9K after driving a cash car accord. I couldn't resist.
I plan on straight piping the jetta sedan and was wondering if I could swap computers. The old tuned computer from my flooded car and install it into the 'new' TDI. I understand there may be an immobilizer that needs to be removed? I guess this is a question for fixmytdi shop since they did the malone 2 tune on my flooded vehicle.
I was hoping I could ship my computer back to aarodriguez, have him remove immobilizer and return it. Also plan on buying buzzken , again, from aarodriguez.
Also I picked up the car for 9K cash with 80 thousand miles, no sunroof and cloth seats. Hope that was an ok deal?

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
immo delete or (best option) transfer the relevant data between cars. boom, done.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Are the part numbers on the ECUs the same? I don't think the JSW and a Jetta Sedan have the same ECUs.

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
Same part number doesn't matter. Any CJAA ECU will run any CJAA car just the same. (But not CBEA/CJAA)

Only thing that matters, transmission type (auto or manual) and both CJAA.

Even the transmission thing can be worked around, without really any trouble at all. Does not matter if it is 150 Mhz ('09-11) or 180 Hhz ('12-14), the ecu are all interchangeable. They can't be cloned, but the complete ECU are able to be swapped in and out of the car no problem.

No problem after immo work that is.

iamatt

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta 6 Speed manual
Ok thanks for the info Kerma. I will go get the car neutered at VW get back 5,600 then get old ecu immo removed then swap ecus then exhaust. That was my plan. And both ECU are from manual transmission cjaa vehicles.