Quick oil leak question for you b5 bhw gurus

zzdiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
05 passat tdi Geared BSM and Bewcam 2nd 2005 deleted ,converted and bew cam stage 2 Malone3 tune.
Basically the front of the car comes off. You would have to put it in the service position anyway, so a small extra step to remove it. The AC does not need to be opened up. It is very easy to pull the engine and tranny out the front. The main issue for me was dealing with the wiring. For what its worth, if I were looking at long term use I would do the geared balance shaft. I have done it both ways and prefer the geared. Less buzzy.

PickleRick

Veteran Member
TDI
05 GLS BHW sedan 5 speed conversion. BHW Carver SantaCruz in progress
Thanks for the quick response. That's good to hear. Its easier to yank it out the top with a skid loader! Do i need to remove the subframe for any reason?

ajjw0828

TDI
2005 Passat GLS (5.5.) 2.0L BHW
Hope your repair works out better my attempt. Bought mine in 2013 at 113k miles with an oil leak. Tried the exact same thing, but did not have the missing screw. Lasted around 500 miles. Put a new TP on it and it has been leak free ever since. Now has 206k on it. If you do the conversion, please document it in a thread. I'd sure be interested.
Hi MEgearhead, just wondering what you mean by 'TP'? I have an oil leak in this area and this interests me.