Stolen!!!

TDIBill

Veteran Member
TDI
97Passat, 96 Passat Variant
:mad: Black '96 Variant with tinted windows all around. Stolen from my driveway overnite 9.11-12.2017. I live in Temecula but car could be anywhere in So Cal. Please be on lookout. CA plate #6BET965. VIN #WVWHG83AXTE249799. If you've seen it or know where it is Please call RivCoSherriff/Temecula Pd. Riverside Case # TE172550038. Temecula PD/RivCo Sherriff's Dept 951.696.4957. HELP!!!![/B]

Last edited:

turbodieseldyke

Veteran Member
TDI
98 jetta
Not desperate. Just a-s-s-holes. Socal is flooded with criminals, who validate the phrase, "This is why we can't have nice things."

Hope it's still on our side of the border. Good luck, man.

surfbus

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Passat, 03 Jetta
Wow, I didn't realize the B4 was so easily stolen. I always use my wheel lock in sketchy areas, I always thought I was being overly cautious but guess not.

Drewser

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Jetta TDI Wagon, '04 Passat TDI, '03 Jetta TDI Wagon, several more in past
That totally sucks. Really sorry that happened to you :(

turbodieseldyke

Veteran Member
TDI
98 jetta
Wow, I didn't realize the B4 was so easily stolen. I always use my wheel lock in sketchy areas, I always thought I was being overly cautious but guess not.
They'll hacksaw through your steering wheel in seconds, and the lock slips right off. In sketchy areas, you'd be better off removing the 109, or swapping in a broken 109.

bluesmoker

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 pd 5 speed tip
They'll hacksaw through your steering wheel in seconds, and the lock slips right off. In sketchy areas, you'd be better off removing the 109, or swapping in a broken 109.
a club is essentially useless unless you install this air bag shield, it makes cutting the steering wheel really difficult (its a much longer cut to make and it is case hardened steel)

http://store.winner-intl.com/the-shield-p11.aspx

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
I like the idea of pulling the 109 but that's kind of a messy deal. I'd be more inclined to buy a battery cutoff switch versus struggle under the dash with the 109.

There are some options out there at any rate.

What surprises me is that with all the cameras and plate reading software all over the place now, especially in a state like CA, how is it that no one found this 15 minutes after it was reported? That is unless it crossed the border and disappeared.

Steve

ejallison1

Veteran Member
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU, 97 Passat TDI AAZ, 04 Golf TDI PD, 01 NB TDI ALH
Unbelievable-people are stealing 20 year old cars. Here in rural mid west don't even lock it. I get chided for driving an old car. My response is "nobody drives a stick shift, 20 years old, and it's not a glamour car"

Hope you get it back-know the work it takes to keep them going!

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
Most likely, car was taken by someone who needed a ride from Temecula to somewhere else. Quite likely, some tweeker friend of a neighborhood kid. I have had 4 different cars stolen and not all in "bad neighborhoods". Temecula, where Bill lives is a nice place. (My daughter's family is there, so I know the town). But still tweeker kids there too who tend to gather in city parks after dark.

Hopefully, it will "show up" as an abandoned car in a few more days, without much damage. And it still sucks!!

turbodieseldyke

Veteran Member
TDI
98 jetta
What surprises me is that with all the cameras and plate reading software all over the place now, especially in a state like CA, how is it that no one found this 15 minutes after it was reported?
I'm pretty sure those cameras are installed not to help, but to screw, the general public. Anyway, there probably aren't any such systems in Temecula or surrounding areas. It's halfway rural out there. Rural, plus logjam traffic.