Exhaust and Boser hood

Khaner

TDI
2004 TDI Jetta
Im looking to make my car louder within legal limits for cheap, any suggestions? im in missouri, also, im looking for something to emulate a boser hood. even just headlighet stickers.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Studded snow tires make all kinds of noise. Ladder on a roof rack works pretty good too. Removing all the sound deadening is likely pretty effective. And that is free.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Within legal limits means the turbo, down pipe and cat must stay. It won't be much louder with those still in place. Even without the cat and straight piped it isn't really loud. The turbo does a lot to quiet it down all by itself. I would just leave it alone. Tie a bunch of tin cans on the back and if anyone asks you are getting married.

JesseTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI, Premium package
Within legal limits means the turbo, down pipe and cat must stay. It won't be much louder with those still in place. Even without the cat and straight piped it isn't really loud. The turbo does a lot to quiet it down all by itself. I would just leave it alone. Tie a bunch of tin cans on the back and if anyone asks you are getting married.
Hes in Missouri, you can legally straight pipe it from the turbo back if you want since we dont care about emissions here. It still wont be super loud though due to the turbo like you said. If you do toss all the emissions stuff you will need a tune to make it run so plan on spending several hundred dollars on that alone. Also you can kiss any and all warranty coverage you may have (dieselgate or cpo) goodbye if you go the delete & tune route. FWIW I cut the muffler off of mine and it made absolutely ZERO difference in sound at any speed or rpm.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Even in Missouri it is illegal just like all the other 50 states. Either by state reg or federal regs or both. But as said deleting it all won't really get you what you want and for sure it won't be cheap. Unless you just hack it off yourself and weld up your own and don't care about any check engine lights being on all the time.

Bozer hoods can bee found here though:

http://www.boserhood.com/