REVO Software

JASONP

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI Comfortline 6spd
So after a yeaer or so dealing with low power, limp mode and fuel dlelivery problems it seem they have all been addressed YAY!
Now comes the time to add a little more power to the reliability, with that being said I got a ,what I think is a decent price on a tune from REVO Technik but wanted some opinions from the many minds here.
The car in question:
2002 Golf ALH, 225,000 kms , 5 speed , SMOG .216 nozzles otherwise stock. I'm thinking Stage 1 will be all I ever need and do not plan on any further upgrades or mods, just a little more oomph when needed.
I was reading their site and promisses 35-50 hp and 50ft/lb increase.
Like I said the price is right for me.

Let me know what you think, keep it clean please.

aNUT

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'01 TT (ALH-ish), B7 Audi gasser, '05 Golf
Revo is a tried and true tuner for VW/Audi gassers. They're relatively new to the TDI world.

JASONP

Top Post Dawg
TDI
thanks aNut, I talked to the tech that worked on my car today and he has the software in his same car, says he's rather happy with it. Apparently REVo doesn't touch fuel mapping till WOT so consumption stays the same.

Last edited:

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
thanks aNut, I talked to the tech that worked on my car today and he has the software in his same car, says he's rather happy with it. Apparently REVo doesn't touch fuel mapping till WOT so consumption stays the same.
That sounds like crap.

You need to add fuel if you are upping boost. I had a tune that was like an off/on switch, I still pulled 50+mpg tanks with ease if I drove it normally. Make 150/251ftlbs on that tune and it was smokey as hell. (ie, not the greatest tune)

Any reason why you aren't going with one of the tried and true TDI tuners on the board?

sinc

Veteran Member
TDI
None
I deal with wroth for everything, good guys, and i went for a ride in one of their revo tuned tdi's, not bad, wasn't too smokey, had more balls thats for sure, also the courtesy car at wroth is an alh tdi with a upsolute chip, i was gonna swap ecu's with it before i got the modding bug, ask him about that if your interested, its a bit more smokey than the revo but it pulls alot more over stock

JASONP

Top Post Dawg
TDI
That sounds like crap.

You need to add fuel if you are upping boost. I had a tune that was like an off/on switch, I still pulled 50+mpg tanks with ease if I drove it normally. Make 150/251ftlbs on that tune and it was smokey as hell. (ie, not the greatest tune)

Any reason why you aren't going with one of the tried and true TDI tuners on the board?
I haven't committed to anything yet , but REVO does offer a free sowtware sample good for 5 hrs at any of their dealers, also it's the price point for me.
Know of anyone local that can tune same day turnaround?

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
VDUBTECH aka Brandon can do something for you. I'm pretty sure he'll install Malone tunes and tunes by TDTuning.

JASONP

Top Post Dawg
TDI
VDUBTECH aka Brandon can do something for you. I'm pretty sure he'll install Malone tunes and tunes by TDTuning.
good to know, I may still try the free REVO and check it out, can't beet the price if it's ok

Benjamin

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Tdi Jetta Mine, 2008 Jeep GC CRD, 2005 Passat TDi
Guelph Ontario I am assuming, up highway 6. EMT is out there if I am not mistaken and probably do some tuning. The Revo tune offer of a timed tune sounds great, but maybe try a few other options as well.

Ben

TDIMAXIMA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2004 4motion Passat 5 speed 1.8t
194hp, lotsa mods, 1100km a tank. Go malone with brandon. Anything dealer is not to be tried or trusted. Revo is a great gas tuner, so stick with a great diesel tuner.

VDUB TECH

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2003 Jetta wagon TDI , Audi TT TDI Q , 2013 Touareg TDI , 2006 Jetta TDI
if you want come over and take my alh loaner for a rip Jason,16.5 psi tune with nozzles and 11mm, you wont be dissapointed :) thanks for the recommends guys you ontarians rock!

Last edited:

raybee

TDI
2009 TDI Jetta
With the Revo flash, i noticed that the idle RPM went up to 800, and when accelerating, the RPMs went up to about 500 RPM in 'D' mode when moving to a higher qear. Is this normal and how this flash works?