Question for those with REVO software

edison_GTI

TDI
2006.5 Jetta TDI DSG
I'm installing a boost gauge in our '06 TDI and there are many options when it comes to boost gauges. Stock TDI boost level is around 20 psi (I think), however, we're getting REVO'ed and I don't know how high the boost level will be after the chip. Could you chime in and state the boost levels you see with the REVO software? I would like to use an AWE tuning boost gauge, but it only goes up to 25 psi.

Thanks, Edison

Last edited:

osomphane

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 VW Jetta BRM
I don't have a boost gauge, but I've heard that it's good to have one that goes from 0 to 30psi for future proofing (you'll be getting the mod bug :)

tgiaTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI 5s
Didn't know REVO supports TDIs.

Some of the popular tuners for TDIs are Aligator, RochetChip, Unitronic, Tech9...

Edit: A 25psi bg would be enough for a stage1 chip tuning, unless you go for heavy mods and plan to go the vnt20 route some time in the future without having to change the gauge again.

With a stage1 chip you should be around 18-19psi.

Last edited:

SuperJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
I believe stock is around 15psi. Anything beyond 20psi is living on borrowed time with the kp39 turbo. I like my 0-30psi range gauge, should be future proofed for a moderate turbo upgrade.

edison_GTI

TDI
2006.5 Jetta TDI DSG
I guess I was wrong about the stock boost. I'm not planning on heavy moding, for that I have the GTI ;). Thanks guys, I will install an AWE tuning boost gauge then.

Mark@MaloneTuning

Vendor , w/Business number
Blaine, Washington and Vancouver, British Columbia
TDI
'14 GSW TDI, '11 Golf TDI, '97 Golf Variant Syncro 1.9L TDI, '96 Golf 1.9L ASV TDI, '93 Eurovan Westfalia 1.9L TDI, '09 BMW 335d, '17 BMW 328d
Boost gauges with vacuum are not recommended, and AWE boost gauges have vacuum reading if I remember correctly. Only positive pressure boost gauge i.e. 0 PSI and higher. Vacuum isn't really used in our diesels and it wastes gauge sweep space.

~15 PSI sustained is about right for stock. Stock boost spikes are usually 18-19 PSI. The max. recommended sustained boost after tuning is 18 PSI, tapering down near redline. No more than 21 PSI spikes with proper tuning.

osomphane

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 VW Jetta BRM
Oh and I'd contact Kerma for tuning cause REVO only does stage 1 -.- and I smoke when I floor 2nd.