I’m baaaaack

keggo

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI
Hello everyone, after about a 4 year hiatus from the TDI life after my 2003 Jetta TDI was ripped away from me thanks to a tree stump in the middle of a dark road... and the infinitely wise police officer who felt it pertinent to have what seemed to be 1,000 suns’ worth of spot lights in my face because that was apparently supposed to HELP the oncoming traffic see it, but I digress...
After I lost the Jetta, I found a great deal on a 2007 Audi A4 Quattro 2.0T 6spd with roof racks very similar to the vehicle which it succeeded, and I loved that thing. Alas, such is a gasoline powered all wheel drive vehicle, the fuel economy was atrocious.
Enter 2018 stage right... around late July. On a quest to find a supplement to my oil burning, gas guzzling (comparatively), fun as heck A4, I found two cars that interested me, rather, one interested me, the other was simply a chosen for fuel economy and nothing else. Those cars? One Pure White 2015 Golf TDI 6spd and black Prius C. I test drove the Prius, hated how cheap it felt and immediately went for the Golf.
And here it is, in all its glory:

You may find yourself wondering “Dear me, I am quite beside myself! What, pray tell, has Keggo done to his mechanical love?” Well do I have the answer for you!
And from that point on, Keggo explained with passion and fervor the mods he had done to his 2015 Golf, spouting detailed descriptions rivaling that of Tolkien or Homer and the awful, awful catalogue of ships in the very, very good epic The Iliad. Keggo definitely was not about to simply and robotically provide a written list of his Golf’s mods...
Installed Mods:
- 17x7 Mercedes Benz multispoke wheels with custom center caps (used blank black O.Z. caps, cut blue metallic vinyl circles as inlay, then cut reflective VW logos the same diameter as overlay)
- Yokohama Avid Ascend GT; 225/45R17
- Knockoff OE style mudflaps
- Mk7.5 replica headlights with switchback LED DRL and indicators; Full LED lighting for low and high beam; clear headlight protectant film
- MIB2 retrofit for use with AppConnect
- Flip out logo reverse camera retrofit
- Aspherical, blue tinted side mirrors
- Custom debts and scraps; some even from the crappy VW service department when there was a warranty issue
- Ceramic tint; 35% rear; 65% front
- Euro switch with automatic functionality
- “Carbon fiber” front and rear emblems with reflective white vinyl underneath
- Sequential LED turn signals
Soon:
- OEM roof rack
- CECM retrofit
- Stock fog retrofit
- Mk7.5 Dynamic LED taillights
- Carbon fiber mirror caps; weight savings is obviously negligible. I just like how they look
- Skid plate (maybe)
- upgraded clutch
- KermaTDI tune

Last edited:

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Very nice looking Golf. You use adapters for the M-B wheels? They're 5x120, arent' they?

Welcome back!

keggo

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI
IBW!!! Good to see you again! :D Thank you! These wheels are 5x112 so they fit perfectly. The only thing I needed was 66.6mm to 57.1mm hub centric rings. Another cause for concern was that these are ET51 due to having come off a Metris (the cargo van ��; Hollander 85633), but the outer edge sits at the same spot as the stock 16” wheels. The MB C300 uses the same wheels but have a 48.5mm offset on the 17x7 (Hollander 85444). Additionally, the C300 has a staggered set using 17x8 in the rear. Also, stock VW lug bolt caps don’t work on these since the holes are smaller, though the wheels match our ball seat lugs.

I’ve mostly been lurking here since losing the Jetta, but it’ll be nice to be involved once in the conversations once again.

P.s need more MK7 performance parts on IDparts. ��

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Interesting about the Metris wheels. There are so few of those vans around here I don't think I've seen those wheels.

We'd love to carry more performance parts, but we've found most owners don't even want to tune their cars until they're out of warranty. And then there are those pesky emissions tests, which I'm sure you're familiar with. But as these cars get older maybe folks will get more adventurous.

keggo

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI
Same here! I had never even seen one in my area until after the wheels went on, and it had the very wheels I had just installed. Lol

That’s totally understandable. Coming from the ALH where there’s a veritable treasure trove of parts, it’s sad to not see as much for the common rail engines x)

keggo

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI
For those interested in seeing how the reflective white vinyl looks. :)

Last edited:

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Would you please resize your photos? The page is two screens wide on my 27" iMac screen...