led dynamic tail lights

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
Has anyone found any of these nifty tail lights of decent quality at a reasonable price, 300-400?

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing. look about the same: ebay 323178630427

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
My experience with Ed has been fantastic - I'm sure you'll love 'em!
(I'd have a set myself, but - and he confirmed that he's tried to fit them - sadly, they do not fit the Mk7 Sportwagen. :()

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
My experience with Ed has been fantastic - I'm sure you'll love 'em!
(I'd have a set myself, but - and he confirmed that he's tried to fit them - sadly, they do not fit the Mk7 Sportwagen. :()
If you find some cool ones with yellow turn signal, preferably sequential, I'm listening.

Also, new Chevy's have a high mojnt brake light that quickly flashes three times when the brakes are applied. The lower lights do not flash - only the high mount light does this. I wonder if that's am easy install. Anyone else notice and want it?

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ed seems to be having a price reduction right now check out his site and the videos there.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
If you find some cool ones with yellow turn signal, preferably sequential, I'm listening.
Also, new Chevy's have a high mojnt brake light that quickly flashes three times when the brakes are applied. The lower lights do not flash - only the high mount light does this. I wonder if that's am easy install. Anyone else notice and want it?
Is that something that can be changed in VCDS?
I know you can enable the emergency flashing, but feel this is in there somewhere too. I'd definitely like that.

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
DV52, are you there? Paging DV52...
(He's the wizard of all things to do with the "Central Convenience" module and fiddling with the lights in particular).

Edit:
Dug out his über-thorough Excel sheet of ALL the lighting functions (a mere 2385 adaptation channels) in the car that he compiled. He put it together to compare the function of each light (and thus setting) across the VW's various markets (e.g., NAR, RoW, Australia (he's Australian), etc.).

All of which is pre-amble to: Within VCDS - Central Convenience (9) - Adaptations (you probably have to enter the "security access" code first...I think it's 20103 - either that or 31347), and then do a search for Leuchte22BR MA57 - that's the third brake light...i'd think that if that mod was possible, this is where it'd be configurable. :)

(And puh-leeeze...make a backup of your adaptation channels and log your changes, just in case...)

Last edited:

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
Received the lights today from BEC, didn't realize I would have to run a little wiring from each connector up through the paneling. No big deal, but need a half day to install now, so hopefully next weekend I'll have enough time for this!

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Did the harnesses come with the lights or were they extra cost?

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Why spend $500+ on something that you, as the driver of the car, will NEVER SEE? :rolleyes:

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Hell, it might be cheaper to fly over to Europe and rummage through a scrapyard there.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
Did the harnesses come with the lights or were they extra cost?
They're included with the lights. It's a very basic install really. If you didn't have the dynamic turn signals, you wouldn't need to run wires from one connector to the other. But, that's the cost of wanting that feature and it's really not a bad looking install after you remove the trim.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
Got this done last night. Took about 4-5 hours taking my time. The directions that come with the lights are very very blunt. They're hardly directions at all, and really only mention where each wire goes which is fine at the end of the day. The coding sheet is absolutely critical though as you have to change about 40 adaptations. And, I had no clue how long VCDS has had a search feature...so useful in this work!

I would recommend watching a few videos on how the wiring is run and maybe removal of the trim. DAP has a good video on where the wiring has to go, but they're different lights so keep that in mind. I had my erWin manuals close by when removing the trim just in case.
Also, I cannot see how the clip for the rubber wire loom boot just can't be damaged upon removal. They're the worst design I've seen in a while from VW. I managed to salvage one, but the other may need replacing down the road.

As for snaking the wire through the boots, I used some clear hose I had from my Mity-Vac to run through and then snake the wire through that. Worked perfect!

Lights work perfectly and super pleased with the outcome. I'll have to get some pics when I get the car cleaned up!

whizznbyu

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen 6 speed manual. B5 died at 302k miles.
sadly, they do not fit the Mk7 Sportwagen. :()
I have always thought that the difference in the Sportwagen from the GTI was the wagon space. Headlights and taillights appear to be the same.
What are the differences?

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I don't know exactly, but I contacted Ed at becautoparts.com directly to ask him, and he confirmed that, indeed, while not readily noticeable, he worked with a client and tried to put Golf taillights in the GSW, and it plain did not fit.

I've also asked a couple vendors at Aliexpress if their taillights fit the "Variant" (European for "wagen":)), and both confirmed - nope!

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M
I have always thought that the difference in the Sportwagen from the GTI was the wagon space. Headlights and taillights appear to be the same.
What are the differences?
The inner housings are shaped differently. Compare pictures side by side and you'll likely see the difference.