WTB: Golf GLS TDI, 2000+, 5 spd, Los Angeles area

S4NoMore

Willing to pick up in Bay area, Vegas, Phoenix, or San Diego areas for the right car.

Prefer low miles and moonroof, leather and cold weather packages a plus.

[ February 22, 2003, 10:15: Message edited by: S4NoMore ]

TDIrob

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon TDI
Harvieux is the man you need to talk to. He only sells the best.

-Rob

S4NoMore

Yeah, I saw that one when you posted it up. A few more miles on it than I'd like but other than the auto tranny, it's pretty close to what I'm looking for and I'm sure you've got it in great shape.

I haven't driven an automatic version but, (no offense to those that own them
) they must be total dogs. If I'm going to drive a slow car for the sake of economy, I think I at least want the small performance and economy advantage of the manual. Maybe I could come drive the one you have and you could convince me otherwise...

Harvieux

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
06 A5 Pkg.2 w/navi & ASEP
Hi S4NoMore, No problem. It will cost you more for the lower mileage ones (if you can find one without being 2000 miles away) and I can assure you it wouldn't have near the service history this one has unless you find one from one of our conscientious club members. I can get 02's with 7K to 20K miles but, you won't like the price. BTW, leather is out of the question unless it's aftermarket or from a GTI. My personal (now has a deposit on it) 00 Golf GLS with auto has .184 mm injector nozzels and a STUSA chip installed and she is far from a dog. Actually, she ran pretty darn strong before the mods as well. It now has 132K miles on her and you would think it has under 50K. Later!

[ February 24, 2003, 19:37: Message edited by: Harvieux ]

S4NoMore

If you can find me an '02 GLS 5-speed with low miles, I'm sure price won't be a problem unless you're asking more than what I could get a new one for.

As for being a dog, my current automatic does low 14 second quarter mile times
, so that's my basis of judgement, fair or not.

Harvieux

TDI
Hi S4NoMore, I will be attending this VW/Audi Credit sale and they have two 02 Golf GLS 5-speeds. I am going to attempt to get one for another club member which is Blue/Black and 7K miles. I am checking with VW personnel to see if other options such as moonroof and CWP are in the cards. This is the run down of the other one:

2002 VOLKSWAGEN GOLF 4D SEDAN GLS TDI
VIN:9BWGP61J224007778
Color:BLUE/TAN
Mileage:17,046
Announcements:
Sale Date:03/05/2003
Lane:9
Run:106
Options: 5S AC CC CD CI DL PB PS TL

Let me know your thoughts. Later!

Harvieux

TDI
Hi S4Noore, 5S = 5-speed, AC = A/C, CC = Cruise Control, CD = Compact Disc, CI = Cloth Interior, DL = Power Door Locks, PB = Power Brakes, PS = Power Steering, TL = Tilt Wheel. Of course the options list is incomplete because it also has power windows, power mirrors, and such but, I am attempting to find out if these have moonroof and CWP as well but, the weather has been an issue there so far this week. Later!

[ February 27, 2003, 09:50: Message edited by: Harvieux ]

Harvieux

TDI
Hi S4NoMore, Well, I just secured a deal on a confirmed one owner, non smoker, 2001 Golf GLS TDI, 5-speed manual, Silver/Dark Charcoal Interior, moonroof, alloys, CWP (heated seats & heated washer nozzels), Monsoon Stereo, and 31K miles. This vehicle is in virtual brand new condition. I should have it here from WA state by the middle of this month. I will need $15,280 for her. Let me know your thoughts. Later!