PD100 Intake Upgrade ???'s

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, 04 RTDI
I already have a VNT-17/22 installed on my car with a 2.5" DP all from TDIParts and I would like to start upgrading some parts on the intake side of things to get the air flowing a little bit better. Yes a FMIC is on the list of upgrades:D
1. Which PD150 Intake manifold will fit my BEW and can I run a race pipe on that manifold, since I already have the EGR blocked off?
2. I know the PD150 TIP will work on my car, but is it best to upgrade the airbox as well to get the most out of the TIP?
3. Is it the same MAF sensor for the PD100 as it is in the PD150?
4. What components would I need for the R32 airbox upgrade?

Thanks for all the help, since I a little confused, since it seems as though everyone references the ALH motor and I'm not sure if all the info still applies to us PD100 guys. ;)

fenwick458

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 T5 Van
the PD intake manifold is very similar to the 150 intake i think.
the airbox, MAF, accordian hose and TIP come as one upgrade as they all fit together and are larger. you will need a tune to accomodate the larger MAF housing.
PD100 MAF is smaller than the PD150 MAF

TDikook

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'06 Golf Anthracite Blue
I really doubt you need to upgrade anything else other than the IC. MAybe the TIP. it is bigger than the OE one. but after the IC and all associated piping, since the entire piping network has to be changed since it is the PD.

as for the Manifold, I would not do it again. I would take the butterfly valve assembly out of the PD100 manifold and call it a day. no need to spend that much more money. It does clean up the Junk in the way though. something to consider I guess.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, 04 RTDI
TDikook said:
I really doubt you need to upgrade anything else other than the IC. MAybe the TIP. it is bigger than the OE one. but after the IC and all associated piping, since the entire piping network has to be changed since it is the PD.

as for the Manifold, I would not do it again. I would take the butterfly valve assembly out of the PD100 manifold and call it a day. no need to spend that much more money. It does clean up the Junk in the way though. something to consider I guess.
Thanks for the tip. Do you by chance know where I could get a PD100/ BEW Race pipe or would a PD150 Race pipe work?

Keep the suggestions coming.:D