Trusted TDI Mechanics - By State

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
greendi said:
Best VW guys I've found anywhere! From brake jobs to engine jobs to parts. 40 plus yrs in business.
You've been a member here for two weeks... You'll excuse us for questioning your recommendation, as we have no idea of your level of expertise with these vehicles and what differentiates them from run-of-the-mill VWs...

If you have had these guys change your timing belt, would you please list the list of parts they used??

Yuri

greendi

TDI
2001 golf
why are you guys so paranoid? just because i'm a new member, i've been called an idiot, lack common sense and now you don't want to take me at my word.
these guys are great. if anyone reading this board isn't paranoid and needs a good vw wrench check them out.
trying to help out. do you mind?

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
Greendi: it is always good to hear of reliable mechanics, no matter where they are. However, to make the official list of "Trusted TDI Mechanics", they must demonstrate some expertise with TDI engines, injection systems, turbos, tuning, or troubleshooting.

K5ING

Mega-Miler
TDI
Silver 2001 Golf GL TDI 5-speed
Greendi... The whole reason for this list is that we are paranoid. We don't do this list to save money. We do this because the dealers (who should know TDIs the best), can't be trusted to do the job right. Unless a shop deals with TDI engines on a regular basis, and has a deeper than normal interest, ability and history in working on them, we don't let them on our list.

Even if your shop is good with VWs, they may not know spit about TDIs. I once had some work done by one of the most popular and respected VW/Audi tuning shops in Texas, but they totally f'ed up my timing belt job. We're not saying the place you recommended isn't good, we just need more information about them before adding them to the list.

Last edited:

pyankura

Vendor
TDI
2005 golf a4 body style
Jamie Jenkins
588 Ridgewood Drive
Fredericktown, Pa. 15333
(724)267-3555

13 years master VW/AUDI

Not your typical VW tech.

He scored genius on I.Q. test when he was like 11. He has a limited intellect which he focuses on VAG not Quantum Mechanics. Particularly TDI's, he has three of them. A3, A4, and A6 or CR. He as 2000 something Eurovan and 20th GTI with 3k miles. He has made his employer what it is but he can not work on all the cars that go there. He is just one person! When you have ANY VAG problem with ANY VAG, call him!

If you would like to question his abilities so he can be added to your "trusted TDI mechanics by state", be my guest! I would suggest getting a note pad and take some notes.:eek: For now I would atleast take his number!

Washington is 4 hours away from Fredericktown, Pa???????????? I think you are about 3.6 hours off!

Last edited:

RedSerge

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2000 Golf Silver
Trusted mechanics list update

I'd like to inform everybody that my shop - The Auto Clinic - in Irvine, CA has been sold. I will no longer offer any TDI services and would like to be taken off the list. I will let the new owners establish their own account with you guys and earn the "Trusted mechanics" reputation.
It's been a pleasure to do business with whoever I had a chance to!
Regards - Serge.

ozymandias

TDI
1998 Jetta Mk. III
New Mexico

Foreign Aide Parts & Services
1800 San Pedro Drive Northeast, Albuquerque, NM
87110-5950
(505) 255-9417‎

A little expensive, but they do the job right. I like this place because it is so pleasantly dirty and it has VW parts scattered all over the place.

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
In the vendor section there is a thread stickied at the top.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
While I am still opposed to the inclusion of any dealerships on the Recommended Mechanics list, it looks like Gunther VW deserves to be mentioned in this thread.

fastasaturtle

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf, 2001 Jetta, 2006 NB
Tip of the hat...

Didn't know where else to post this so I figured this thread would work:

This weekend I finally got around to installing my new upgraded 50 durometer motor mounts and dogbone. Of course, nothing ever works out easily (but then that would be boring, right?), and one of the transmission side mount threads stripped out. It's the weekend and I can't find anyone in the area that sells the right sized Helicoil kit (M12x1.5). Panic and rage are beginning to well up (I need my car working!!!) and then it hits me to ask Oliver (TDIRacing) if he has one. He gets back to me lickity-split and tells me to come on up and get it. Several hours later I'm up and running again like a champ. Oliver saved me and I really appreciate it, what a super guy!

So, a tip of the hat to Oliver/TDIRacing, one super guru.

Cheers,
Todd

4thvwdiesel

TDI
99 Beetle, 12 Jetta Sportwagon
Trying to dig through this list to find the real deal in MD - preferably in the DC area. I see Wheaton Service Center...anyone had experience with them? I am in Southern MD - about an hour south of DC. I have a 99 New Beetle TDI with 220K that I confess is suffering some neglect (in part now her shiney new JSW sibling!) I had a vacuum hose repaired last year - had lost brake power and umph. The brakes are still good, but the umph is gone again...definitely want a trusted TDI expert since I'm not convinced there is a catastrophic failure of any sort, but just don't know.

Also, this may not be the thread to ask, but any experience with what I might expectfor causes/repairs? Mostly it seems just to have lost power, as if the turbo isn't providing any boost...

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
4thvwdiesel said:
Trying to dig through this list to find the real deal in MD - preferably in the DC area. I see Wheaton Service Center...anyone had experience with them? I am in Southern MD - about an hour south of DC.
I think it is generally accepted that Oliver Wegener is one of the top TDI experts in the country. On the other hand, Wheaton Service Center is closer. So it's up to you, what do you value more highly: expertise or convenience?

xDieselxTunerx

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen SEL, 2010 BMW 335d, 2014 BMW 535d
I looked through the list and didn't see any in houston. Is there not a tdi mechanics in houston you guys recommend?

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
xDieselxTunerx said:
I looked through the list and didn't see any in houston. Is there not a tdi mechanics in houston you guys recommend?
Not anymore. There was a Houston shop on this list, but you read why it was deleted starting here.

Send a PM to aja8888 and ask him for a recommendation suitable for the work you need done.
http://forums.tdiclub.com/member.php?u=71247

jeepit

mctdi said:
I would like to sugest these two for "Trusted TDI Mechanics - By State " for in Wisconsin.

Topel's Towing & Repair, Inc.
1110 South Main St.
Lake Mills, WI 53551
(800)779-8115 / 920-648-8115
http://www.topels.com/

Motorville VW
5515 Racetrack Road
Sheboygan, WI 53081
P: (866) 576-7890 / 920-457-8844
Fax: 920-457-8850
http://www.motorville.us/

Thanks,
Ben
Have you had work done by Motorville?

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
jeepit said:
Have you had work done by Motorville?
It's a VW dealership, so by definition it is not a trusted TDI mechanic.

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
They usually know what they are doing but its all luck of the draw on the mechanic you get.

coppermtn

TDI
2000 Golf, 96 F250 7.3l!
looking for a tdi mechanic in denver to hook up a vcds and see whats waht. EGR delete and check stuff out on my new 2000 golf tdi purchase.

found harveys motero werks in Parker, thats SE of denver though,
cannot find this list either.

vwjettadsl

TDI
TDI’s
coppermtn said:
looking for a tdi mechanic in denver to hook up a vcds and see whats waht. EGR delete and check stuff out on my new 2000 golf tdi purchase.

found harveys motero werks in Parker, thats SE of denver though,
cannot find this list either.
Go to aNut, he's in the Denver area.

http://www.dieselland.net/

Cheers:)

rkirby

TDI
2002 new beetle +
1.9 TD engine wiring??

Looking for wiring diagram information on this engine. All I know is it came out of a car in Germany and it is not a TDI. It's 1.9 TD. I have the engine mounted to the tranny. Gave up on AC & back to a single belt driving the alternator & water pump. Trying to hook up glow pugs, sensors and alternator to Original wiring harness in 81 rabbit PU. I'm sure this has been done before, so anyone with the "knowing" about this PLEASE let me know what You know!!
thanks,
kirby

eurojulien

TDI
02 Golf
I do drivetrain swaps, performance upgrades (motor-chassis-interior), and general maintenance on all Volkswagen mk4 Golf/Jetta in Asheville, NC

Julien