What model.do I have?

iamatt

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta 6 Speed manual
Bought a Jetta off Craigslist. It's very stripped down. Plastic hub caps, crappy CD ROM radio no tint no steering wheel controls but does have cruise control and limited console view. 6MT and NO sunroof thank God. The fuel gauge is electronic.

It wasn't flashed so have that in the works so I'm getting the restitution so it was an awesome deal.

Some.things I'm doing and done to get it halfway up to the comfort level of my old jsw are

Tune, soon
Buzzken straight pipe,soon
Alpine deck,done
Tinted,done
P3 gauges,done
New wheels, should have taken off my Harvey car but oh well.

Wondering if I can upgrade the cluster?
Is it possible to add steering wheel controls?

16vjohn

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
EA288 CVCA 6MT
Manual trans, hub caps, no sunroof... you probably have the S. I think you can upgrade the cluster, but it must be a brand new cluster. Pretty sure the first time they power up, they become hard coded to the ECU via CANBUS. Pretty sure the steering wheel controls are CANBUS too, as was the stock head unit.

Last edited:

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Steering wheel can be upgraded, but you will probably also have to upgrade the steering wheel controller to a "highline" model. In other words, it can be done, but it won't be cheap. You will also need some coding changes which will require VCDS (or something similar).

Have Fun!

Don