www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > Other VW Group TD(I)s

Other VW Group TD(I)s To keep with the theme of VW Diesels, this message area is for discussion of other VW Group Diesels. Yes, TD's are also welcome.

Old December 7th, 2019, 11:14   #1
LiveforCars

TDI(s): VW Vento TDI
Default VW Vento TDI 1.6 Engine Code CLNA

Hi All

Starting this thread to keep track of Vento TDI related issues. The engine code is CLNA and is known as Polo sedan in some countries and VW Vento in India. I do have some specific questions here (CLNA engines are diesel gate fixed):

1. How important is it to clean the EGR and Intercooler?

My car is 6 years old - barely 20,000km on the ODO as I lived in Canada most of the time. I ran into injector issues immediately after dieselgate was fixed - it's better now. My concern:

1. I live in a country where Diesel comes with Sulphur and hence no DPF too. I cleaned the return pipe from EGR today and also the intake flap (aka Diesel throttle body). Was not able to clean the intercooler and EGR as it involved reaching the car underbody.

So final question is: How crucial is to clean the EGR and Intercooler in a country where quality of diesel is always a suspect? The EGR valve and return pipe was cleaned as I mentioned. I do have Vagcom no error in normal auto-scan.

Thanks in advance.
LiveforCars is offline   Reply With Quote