www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Mid-west USA

Mid-west USA Local discussions for those on the Mid-West US. ( Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Kansas, Missouri)

Old September 28th, 2019, 19:41   #1
TDI4MI

Fuel Economy: 49 MPG
Default Timing and Delete

Hello! I am an avid VW lover with my TDI Diesel. 2000 Golf 1.9 ALH MK4. I do most of the work and have been restoring it from being unloved. I am located in Marshall (49068) MI.

I have already replaced a new serpentine, alternator, and tensioner myself...also removed the intake manifold, cleaned soot, and cleaned turbo...the vanes were frozen, replaced all vacuum lines, and repaired wiring.

I know its in need of a timing job. The belt seems rather cracked, however not missing any teeth that I can see... It smokes for a quick bit every start and it the motor is a bit too clacky (for better terms)...

I would rather do the timing myself and learn from someone that is competent even for a price. If anyone could help with this and a EGR CEL delete with MPPS etc. I would be forever grateful!
TDI4MI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2019, 19:42   #2
TDI4MI

Fuel Economy: 49 MPG

Or, if anyone has recommendation of a tech or shop in SW Michigan or nearby?
TDI4MI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2019, 17:23   #3
dieselnewbie
Veteran Member

You should plan on attending Kirk’s GTG next Saturday. There’ll be plenty of people there who can help you!
2000 Jetta - 340,000 miles before the original O1M auto died! Whitbread Performance Auto to Ryan's 6 speed conversion, 17/22 Turbo, TacoTaco SMIC, Whitbread Racepipe, Race 520's, Ventecomy, FrostHeater, EGR and cooler delete, TD Tuning Stage 4 race tune, Panzer skidplate, GTI big brake setup.
dieselnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote