www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub


Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Jetta Sedan (~ 2011+)

VW MKVI-A6 Jetta Sedan (~ 2011+) Discussions area for the MkVI (2011+) Jetta sedan. This model was originally codenamed NCS (New Compact Sedan).

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old June 12th, 2012, 00:10   #1
copilot
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Northern IL
TDI(s): 2001 Jetta
Fuel Economy: 38 MPG avg
Default Terminal 30 for Interior Lighting, no interior or tail lights.

Issue appeared after install of Ziza LED light kit from ECS. Resolution was replacement of fuse in slot 6 which I apparently toasted when installing the bulbs. Tracking this issue down using the subject code and bulb out indicator was kind of beastly so I thought I'd record the resolution.

The Ziza kit is awesome except the reading light surround is pretty janky with the larger LED bulbs. I'll have to shave mine a little to make it around the new bulbs.

Who at VW thought it would be a good idea to tie the interior lights in with the tail lights? Not having interior lights at night is inconvenient but at least I can make it home without getting a ticket.

Thanks to MiksTDI for resolving the issue, especially since it got dark while I was there and would have surely been pulled over without working tails.
__________________
copilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2013, 13:45   #2
0BW4N
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Birmingham, AL
Default

THANK YOU!!! I had the same problem today. Your post saved me a lot of time (especially since you listed the fuse number). Replaced F6 and the interior lamps worked again.

I found a wiring diagram for a 2011 Jetta TDI. It had F6 listed as "Onboard supply control unit - J519- , (T73a/66) (only AW0". So either the diagram I found was completely wrong, or they stopped using common language such as "interior lamps". Because F6 was the problem


BTW, I agree that it is INSANE to wire the interior and tail lights on the same fuse. Had I not read this post, I wouldn't have even known (or assumed) that my tail lights didn't work.
0BW4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2013, 08:01   #3
Queathy
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Houston
TDI(s): None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by copilot View Post
Issue appeared after install of Ziza LED light kit from ECS. Resolution was replacement of fuse in slot 6 which I apparently toasted when installing the bulbs. Tracking this issue down using the subject code and bulb out indicator was kind of beastly so I thought I'd record the resolution.
The Ziza kit is awesome except the reading light surround is pretty janky with the larger led bulbs. I'll have to shave mine a little to make it around the new bulbs.
Who at VW thought it would be a good idea to tie the interior lights in with the tail lights? Not having interior lights at night is inconvenient but at least I can make it home without getting a ticket.
Thanks to MiksTDI for resolving the issue, especially since it got dark while I was there and would have surely been pulled over without working tails.
Hello do you have any pics of Ziza led light kit. I want to purchase interior lights for my car.

Last edited by Queathy; February 20th, 2013 at 00:50.
Queathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 14:50   #4
Mighty Oregon
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Tualatin, OR
TDI(s): 2013 Jetta
Default

Thank you for posting this copilot. This happened to me yesterday while installing a LED kit for my jetta. If I didn't find this thread I would have lost my mind. I found the same diagram as OBW4N and was scratching my head trying to figure out which fuse I blew. Again, Thank you.
Mighty Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2014, 14:53   #5
LeonVFB
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Michigan
Default

Just wanted to say thanks OP had the same problemthis weekend.
LeonVFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2014, 18:02   #6
mklabunde
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Milwaukee, WI.
Fuel Economy: 44.6 mpg highway
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonVFB View Post
Just wanted to say thanks OP had the same problemthis weekend.
Did the same thing but was replacing the license plate lights with LED's had to have them on so I knew they were put in the correct way and when I put it back in the metal on the holder touched ground and pop. I went to the fuse block and there was no diagram was like *** so I opened the manual and nothing. Who at vw decided that it was ok to not include a diagram for the fuse block. I luckily have a power probe and was able to find out what fuse it was and I think that it was F6 if a recall. I then went online and was able to find a list of fuses for my car I will post the link here this is for my 2012 jetta TDI
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5l7...rive_web&pli=1

Mark
mklabunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2016, 08:34   #7
Jettawolfs98
Veteran Member
 
Jettawolfs98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Omaha,NE
Fuel Economy: 42/38/30
Default

okay, sorry for bring this back to live.

I have a 2016 jetta sport and i was trying to replace the truck light with a LED bought it from the vw service parts dept.

Well same issue, the LED cause the interior lights/ tail ligths and DRLS LED to go out.

I took it back to the dealer since is under warranty but is good to know the FUSE number and it happened to other people.

What a stupid design. Thank You for the information.
__________________
Julio M.
No TDI's but who know this might change

Last edited by Jettawolfs98; October 19th, 2016 at 09:01.
Jettawolfs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2016, 10:06   #8
CT_Gman
Veteran Member
 
CT_Gman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: AZ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mklabunde View Post
Did the same thing but was replacing the license plate lights with LED's had to have them on so I knew they were put in the correct way and when I put it back in the metal on the holder touched ground and pop. I went to the fuse block and there was no diagram was like *** so I opened the manual and nothing. Who at vw decided that it was ok to not include a diagram for the fuse block. I luckily have a power probe and was able to find out what fuse it was and I think that it was F6 if a recall. I then went online and was able to find a list of fuses for my car I will post the link here this is for my 2012 jetta TDI
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5l7...rive_web&pli=1

Mark
Great diagram! Thanks!
CT_Gman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2017, 18:03   #9
tdidieselbobny
Veteran Member
 
tdidieselbobny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Stafford,NY (WNY)
Default

Thank you for this post! No fuse diagram on back of panel is unbelievably stupid. I was installing the rear dome light LED then I saw front reading light go out.I didn't realize I had no taillights tonight until I didn't see them in my mirror reflecting off the vehicle behind me at a light. I'm glad I didn't pass by any police.....
__________________
97 Passat TDI-420,688 miles,totalled by 86yr.old lady-gone,but not forgotten:mad-'15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen w/DSG, 43k miles....'16 Kubota BX1870 MMM/FEL, 260hrs-And now an '03 Jetta TDI 5spd w/ 443k,RC2,Sprint 520's,Dieselgeek short shifter , totaled 10/13/19 by a stupid deer, back alive 11/4/19....
tdidieselbobny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2017, 13:21   #10
sandmansans
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: NJ/PA
TDI(s): 2014 Jetta
Fuel Economy: Best tank:54.7. Drove From Chattanooga Tennesse to Poconos PA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0BW4N View Post
THANK YOU!!! I had the same problem today. Your post saved me a lot of time (especially since you listed the fuse number). Replaced F6 and the interior lamps worked again.

I found a wiring diagram for a 2011 Jetta TDI. It had F6 listed as "Onboard supply control unit - J519- , (T73a/66) (only AW0". So either the diagram I found was completely wrong, or they stopped using common language such as "interior lamps". Because F6 was the problem


BTW, I agree that it is INSANE to wire the interior and tail lights on the same fuse. Had I not read this post, I wouldn't have even known (or assumed) that my tail lights didn't work.
So yes and no in regards to vw using non layman language when labeling the fuse panel

That fuse that you mentioned is a fuse for the bcm plug A (the white plug )
Both your comfort lighting (interior) as well as tail lights are wired into plug A

I've read on the ross tech forum, that using aftermarket led tail lights can cause the bcm to short out. From what I understand, the cars that came with the led tails factory also come with a different bcm than ours.

I can look at some of my diagrams to confirm this if needed.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
sandmansans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2017, 13:32   #11
sandmansans
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: NJ/PA
TDI(s): 2014 Jetta
Fuel Economy: Best tank:54.7. Drove From Chattanooga Tennesse to Poconos PA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandmansans View Post
So yes and no in regards to vw using non layman language when labeling the fuse panel

That fuse that you mentioned is a fuse for the bcm plug A (the white plug )
Both your comfort lighting (interior) as well as tail lights are wired into plug A

I've read on the ross tech forum, that using aftermarket led tail lights can cause the bcm to short out. From what I understand, the cars that came with the led tails factory also come with a different bcm than ours.

I can look at some of my diagrams to confirm this if needed.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Just confirmed
Here is a ss of the diagram


Also AW0 is code for low line equipment, which you guessed it does not include led tail lights from the factory. Hence why it may be causing that fuse to fail and why from the factory it is just labeled for the interior lights.



Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
sandmansans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2017, 13:49   #12
sandmansans
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: NJ/PA
TDI(s): 2014 Jetta
Fuel Economy: Best tank:54.7. Drove From Chattanooga Tennesse to Poconos PA
Default

Further confirmation, the led lamps came with the 3 plug 52 pin bcm. Not the 2 plug 73 pin.

**so I re -read the first post and I realized that I misread it. The op made no mention of the use of led tail lights, but I some how drew to that conclusion. Sorry!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
sandmansans is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Gray MKIV Jetta interior parts + tail lights DBDieseler Private TDI Items for Sale/Wanted 34 September 15th, 2012 14:35
Interior Lighting NL-TDI VW MKVI-A6 Jetta Sedan (~ 2011+) 11 April 12th, 2011 20:26
Jetta interior lights flash & interior sound? LisaKiv Other VW Group TD(I)s 2 December 31st, 2005 06:34
Interior lighting? NOLA_TDI TDI 101 4 November 18th, 2005 16:18
Interior Lighting Switca VW MKIV-A4 TDIs (VE and PD) 2 June 18th, 1999 01:49


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 17:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright - TDIClub Online LTD - 2017
Contact Us | Privacy Statement | Forum Rules | Disclaimer
TDIClub Online Ltd (TDIClub.com) is not affiliated with the VWoA or VWAG and is supported by contributions from viewers like you.
1996 - 2017, All Rights Reserved
Page generated in 0.22429 seconds with 11 queries
[Output: 112.61 Kb. compressed to 95.54 Kb. by saving 17.07 Kb. (15.16%)]