best headlights

JB05

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf,2005,anthracite blue
The one's you have pictured in the first post have three tabs, but the H7's I have only have one tab. I don't know what those are with the three tabs. I ran the Osram night breakers and liked them alot, but I decided to go with LED's as a change of pace. Installing them requires HL removal.

thesmileyone

TDI
2007 A3 s-tronic 140
Hid retrofit!

Even at around $1000 I spent for mine in total it was worth doing it! Though the ECE beam pattern is annoying.

If you can do diy stuff just do your own retrofit with help from hidplant forums.

Best mod I ever did.

PB_NB

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 New Beetle
Took out the HID's and the stock projectors and put these bad boys in with high/low LED.

Kind of cool to have a large projector lens and both high and low beams behind the projector rather than the old setup with the high beam in the reflector area on the OE setup.

Still waiting to try them out at night. I did notice that the low beam cutoff is crisp and level.

These weren't that expensive either at ~$300 including bulbs on ebay. I am sure that something similar can be found for the Jetta and Golf too.

PB_NB

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 New Beetle
Hi Vincenza, the oem lights were projectors (low beam) so HID bulbs worked well. Then I got the new lights and they use an LED for high and low.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle GLS TDI (BIODSL). 01 original Glow Bug TDI (sold)
Hi Vincenza, the oem lights were projectors (low beam) so HID bulbs worked well. Then I got the new lights and they use an LED for high and low.
How do they compare to stock on the nb?

VincenzaV

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
PB-NB-Lucky you! Jetta's didn't. You learn something new everyday (y)

Did the OEM projectors have a sharp cutt-off like newer ones?

PB_NB

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 New Beetle
The OEM low beams were sort of reasonable with cut off. The focal position of the HID bulb sort of messes up the cutoff and makes it sort of muddy. These new lights came as a package so the bulb and projector work very well. The cut off is very sharp. The high beams are much better than the OEM ones.