My 2011 Jetta Sportwagen

OffTheWall503

TDI
2011 JSW
Hey everyone. My name is Matt and I bought my 2011 JSW TDI last June and have been a lurker on here for awhile. The car has been mostly stock, but have been through a few suspension setups and wheel/tire changes. Finally getting it to where I want as I've found what I like and don't like in suspension. Have loved driving the car so far and tweaking it along the way to my liking. Soon I will be replacing my current springs for MKVI Golf R H&R "OE Sport" springs to raise it back up just a bit.

Here's where I am now:
- 17" Enkei RPF1 wheels with 225/50R17 tires
- MK5 GLI Sport springs with Bilstein Touring struts
- Osram LEDriving Headlights, LED rear license plate bulbs
- RCD 330 "Chinese" headunit
- Rockford Fosgate P300-10 powered subwoofer
- AEM drop-in air filter

-Matt

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
Welcome! Bilstein are awesome. I had Bilstein HD’s with stock springs in my old 2011 JSW. Loved it. Stiff like a brand new police car.

Where did you get those headlights? Truly nice.

Are you tuned and DPF/EGR deleted? I noticed your hatch is sorta black. That usually happens if you modified her. My old 2011 JSW almost always was sorta black on her rear from DOF/EGR delete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OffTheWall503

TDI
2011 JSW
Forgive the photos, car was dirty from typical PNW rain.

Car is stock for now (besides drop-in filter). It's fixed from the recall but that's it. I plan on tuning it after the extended emissions warranty expires.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
Ha ha could have me fooled. Awesome congrats on the purchase. How many miles on her? My old JSW I bought was an 2011 with 2 miles on odometer on Aug 2010, fast forward to July 2018 she had nearly 300k miles. Had to let her go thru buyback. Got myself another JSW which is now an 2014, exact same color and options but she has rear view camera as my old one don’t. Thats only difference plus center console storage design is different. I like the 2011 better, much bigger storage. I sorely miss her. She never broke down or needed a tow for whole 8 years of ownership.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
Welcome. Wow low miles for an 2011. What headlights did you get? I really like it.

Wheels looks awesome on her.

PlatinumGreyMk6

TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagen SEL
Wow! Love it. I especially love the the wheel/tire combo. I love "meatier" tires and will definitely be going to the 50mm sidewall when I wear out my tires.

I just bought mine a month ago and will certainly be using yours as a guide for mods! Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
Hmm I think I know where you got those headlights from. :) Nice stance!

PlatinumGreyMk6

TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagen SEL
Have been doing research and found out the 225/50/17 size more than 3% difference from stock size. Messes up speedo and odo (and presumably ABS?) too much. Did you have the computer reprogrammed to accommodate the size difference or are you just running it as is?

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
Have been doing research and found out the 225/50/17 size more than 3% difference from stock size. Messes up speedo and odo (and presumably ABS?) too much. Did you have the computer reprogrammed to accommodate the size difference or are you just running it as is?

You can change wheel size (5% as I rrecall) bigger or smaller easily on your dash display thru mfsw buttons

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
You can change wheel size (5% as I rrecall) bigger or smaller easily on your dash display thru mfsw buttons
Eh? I never knew that can be done.

Scroll thru the menu from the MFSW. I don't remember what it was under but it stood out to me as quit unique. My JSW is a 2011, so other years???

RedDragon

Veteran Member
TDI
'11 JSW “Judy Sue White”
This is pretty much what I have planned. 17x8 +43 for the RPF1s I'm looking at. Suspension I was doing Bilstein Touring shocks and H&R Sport Springs. Love the look.

Last edited: