Immobilizer issue

tryin2vw

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta, ALH, No Mods
Went out and measured the coil on the spare lock cylinder I have, got 22.3ohms so it sounds like your coil is ok if you're getting that reading all the way to the cluster connector.

Yes you can reuse your same keys if you change your cluster. You will need the SCK of your original cluster along with the SCK of the new cluster to adapt the cluster to the car, then the keys to the new cluster.
Thanks. A couple of companies that advertise VW Cluster repair for immobilizer issues have been contacted to see what it would cost, both $ and time. Does anyone have experience with somebody.

One local guy suggests an immobilizer delete, but the dash light stays on, so not really a fan of that suggestion.

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
Tape over the light is a good solution lol I've never used an immobilizer repair solution, but I have swapped clusters. If you have patience, it's not that hard to do.

tryin2vw

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta, ALH, No Mods
From what I read, the RFID chip will only pair to an Immobilizer III once. If I buy a new to me cluster with the immobilizer, will I be able to use the current keys with RFID chips or will new keys/chips be needed.

tryin2vw

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta, ALH, No Mods
I am getting this code as part of this problem:

19561 - Valve for Intake Manifold Flap (N239)
P3105 - 35-10 - Open or Short to Ground - Intermittent

If an ohm meter is used to chekc the wires, a resistance to ground of about 40 ohms is on the yellow/black wire and open on the purple wire. for the N239 valve. is this about right? I do not have a wiring diagram or Bentley for this car.

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
The wiring for the intake flap can chaffe on the intake manifold and cause fuse 37 to pop, or cause weird ecm issues. I've had to fix my wiring from it. I'd make sure they're ok.

As for the chips, I swapped clusters and was able to adapt both my keys back to my car with no issues. I think it's only a problem if you change your SKC, but not sure. Ross tech didn't say anything about needing to replace the chip when replacing the cluster.

tryin2vw

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta, ALH, No Mods
I suspected it was the cluster after all the troubleshooting and I bought one with the same part number. It was taken to a local tuner I know who cloned the cluster, so same SKC. After some reassembling (the cluster, ECU and a couple of other things), the keys were able to be recognized and immobilizer light is no longer visible or blinking.

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Awesome glad you got your car up and running again. Happy trails.