AWD manual trans

pcoplin

TDI
2013 Jetta Sportwagen
Are there any US (or even Canada) applications that have the TDI, AWD, and 6speed manual? Wanting to swap the Jetta to an AWD, I think that's the missing piece if I can source one.

THanks!

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
I know of ONE. German Motor Werks in PA. He was working on a JSW with R32 AWD system. Haven’t seen him or talked to him for years... dunno if he has it done and running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pcoplin

TDI
2013 Jetta Sportwagen
I know of ONE. German Motor Werks in PA. He was working on a JSW with R32 AWD system. Haven’t seen him or talked to him for years... dunno if he has it done and running.

So he adapted the TDI to an R32 trans I'm guessing? I wonder how different the trans gearing is.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
None sold that way here from the factory, no.

There have been a handful of conversions of various cars done, though. Mostly natural-born gasser AWD cars converted to diesel.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
So he adapted the TDI to an R32 trans I'm guessing? I wonder how different the trans gearing is.
All he said is TDI motor is to be mated to the R32 AWD with serious tune that will be prototype stage 4-6? I cant recall but he said that will generate serious torque to AWD. He estimated to be pushing over 400 lbs to maybe 500-600 lbs of torque. thats all he said to me in person when he pointed to the JSW as my old 2011 JSW was there for dpf/egr delete appointment and yes I drove from FL to PA overnight.

I highly recommend you to contact him.

Last edited: