GTb2060klvr

Lowangle

TDI
Mk6 sportwagon
I was chatting with a fellow today on the Facebook about turbos that will fit the stock manifold and he mentioned this turbo.
It's a 62mm that the 2.0 must huff and puff enough to spin it to 34psi in order to get 280hp. I told him a 62mm is big for even a small gas engine, let alone a diesel.

What I think I need is a 40 or 50 trim with a .75 AR
Do any exist ? That fit the stock manifold.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
The stock manifold is integral (one piece) with the turbo. You could chop one up and weld on a flange I suppose.

diffas

Veteran Member
TDI
B5q A4 Avant 2.5TDi+, B7q A4 Avant 3.0TDi
Some 45-46mm compressor inducer is good for such a small power.

Lowangle

TDI
Mk6 sportwagon
40 to 50 trim turbo

Are there any 40 to 50 trim turbos with a medium AR that fit on a stock 2012 2.0 manifold?

Nevada_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Lowangle, starting multiple threads is something that is frowned upon here. But to try to answer your question,you are going to have to search for that info. I suggest checking out Darkside Developments in the UK. They re-manufacture many different turbos as well as sell OEM.

Lowangle

TDI
Mk6 sportwagon
Do you read what you type? Asking more than one question is frowned upon? Do you understand the premise behind a forum?

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
Two of theseVKR turbos should be fine for a bigger diesel. Certainly on a HP basis...say two 1756's on a 6BT-5.9. A MotoHawk engine controller to run the vanes...:) Then a Cummins could justify a real set of dual exhausts...heh-heh-heh
cheers,
Douglas