convenience options/configuration

dillenger1

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 gsw tdi
can the automatic window be added with vcds?i think i read somewhere that only the passat got it factory.when i go into my settings .the only thing i have under the open close menu, is door locking

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Is yours an S, SE, or SEL? SE and SEL should have the option, and yes, it can be configured with VCDS. I did ours.

ProfBrown

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE DSG
You can code it in if you have the the KESSY system. Does your car have push button start?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cuzoe

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 Golf S
What exactly are you trying to do? I have a Golf S, no KESSY, and have added windows up/down while holding lock/unlock on the FOB.

If you are talking about retro-fitting rain sensors to close your windows while you're away from the car that's another thing. Depending on what trim you have may require a higher model buddy control module. I think I may to have to upgrade mine to add front/rear fogs and ambient lighting.

You will require VCDS in any case. When I check my body control module there are options that VCDS says mine does not support. Alternatively you can use obdeleven for a lot of these things. I haven't used it personally but the interface is an Android app. Consensus seems to be VCDS is more powerful, but also more expensive. Obdeleven will let you read/clear codes and make coding changes.

As an example, I have power folding mirrors installed and have them set to fold/unfold with lock/unlock. The folding mirrors required upgraded door control modules. Still had to activate the convenience features and enable the menus in car settings to control them.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 GSW SE 6MT...... '01 Golf GLS 5MT.... '96 Passat Variant....
As an example, I have power folding mirrors installed and have them set to fold/unfold with lock/unlock. The folding mirrors required upgraded door control modules. Still had to activate the convenience features and enable the menus in car settings to control them.
I assume you also coded the mirrors to dip in reverse? If so, can you code them both to dip simultaneously?

Cuzoe

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 Golf S
I do have the passenger mirror set to dip in reverse, for parallel parking. I don't remember if the option was there for the driver side or not. I'll try to check sometime this weekend.

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I do have the passenger mirror set to dip in reverse, for parallel parking. I don't remember if the option was there for the driver side or not. I'll try to check sometime this weekend.
To enable for Group 42 (Driver's mirror) its the same procedure as you did for Group 52. Once its set up, I'm just curious if you can only dip one side at a time using the select switch or whether there's a way to set it up for simultaneous dipping (sounds like a dance move!).

Last edited:

ProfBrown

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE DSG
Yeah on my car with the mirror dip I have to leave the switch on the right side to keep the dip working. I doubt you could do both at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
You can enable "Synchronized mirror adjustment" in the menu, but I assume that's for manual adjustment only, not automatic dipping with memory return to previous position when out of reverse.

Last edited:

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Cuzoe, could you confirm that you have correct memory operation on your passenger side dip, i.e., that the mirror returns to its exact previous position when out of reverse?

ProfBrown

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE DSG
Cuzoe, could you confirm that you have correct memory operation on your passenger side dip, i.e., that the mirror returns to its exact previous position when out of reverse?
I have this tweak done, and yes mine does return to the position I had it in last (2015 GSW SE). After backing into a spot it will only return once I have turned the engine off. Or if I start to drive away. It is not instant once you pull the car out of park.

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I enabled passenger dip also on my SE but the return is a bit higher than the original position. I have read that the memory function only works correctly (i.e., returns to the exact original position) when the uprated door module is installed. I also enabled driver's dip and, consistent with what I've read, it does not dip or return with the standard door module.

Last edited:

Cuzoe

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 Golf S
I can confirm that it returns to the same spot. And it did require the new modules. I believe the part numbers end in 592/593.

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Cuzoe, a few more questions:

1. Does enabling "Synchronized mirror adjustment" to the menu screen allow double synchronized reverse dipping or, as its name implies, is it just for manual adjustment?

2. I know you installed power folding mirrors and the matching door modules at the same time, but do you have a sense of whether just replacing the modules alone would allow for "correct" dipping (i.e., exact position return)?

3. Is there a position memory feature (for two or more different driver profile settings) available in the coding when folding mirrors & modules are installed?