What did you do to your MKVI-A6 ~2010-2014 Golf family inc Jetta SportWagen Today?

johnsTDI

Veteran Member
Canada,ont North America were Neighbours to usa
TDI
2012 Highline
changed Oil & Filter using VW Long Life 5w30 507.00 spec Oil. using a German Mann Filter. while my Oil was draining out of it's Crankcase I always check/inspect the underside for things like CV Boots for any tearing or cracks, both sides were fine, checked for any signs of leaks anywhere , all ok, checked for anything loose or hanging found nothing all was A ok for the next Oil & filter change due.

JediJoker

TDI
2011 JSW 6MT
Took the JSW out for a therapeutic (for both of us) pleasure drive. It had been sitting for four weeks undriven, so not only did I want to go for a drive, I wanted to top up the battery and get the engine up to temp for a while and exercise it. I encountered zero impeding traffic on the fun roads and everywhere else was blissfully light. Stopped at the local fuel station on the way home to pump the tires up to 50 psi hot to keep them from getting flat spotted while parked for another four weeks (probably). Which reminds me, I need to put a sticky note on the cluster warning future me of the high pressure...

Vpstang

TDI
Jetta Sport wagen
Time for a new clutch, new clutch in, just need to put trans back in. Just need find time to work on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Struts, ball joints, now just need to change lower control arms. Might as well do it all while im home
Note, struts huge pita to reinstall

TDI
2013 JSW TDI

Struts, ball joints, now just need to change lower control arms. Might as well do it all while im home

Careful with the drive axle on the driver side. It's super easy to separate, I don't know from experience or anything.. lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

lemoncurd

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 CJAA GTB2266
Bought a DPF + EGR delete kit which is here! Waiting to tune. Today I did install a dogbone insert and the car's shifts are tighter now

ksing44

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
I attached a Deltran Battery Tender Plus trickle charger to my battery. I've only been starting my car about once every 2 weeks. The last time I started the car, I thought the initial surge was a bit off. I'm at full charge now, but I didn't start the car yet to see if I can tell a difference.

jesus_man

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta (gone), 2002 Passat (gone), 2009 JSW (VW bought), 2010 JSW
I attached a Deltran Battery Tender Plus trickle charger to my battery. I've only been starting my car about once every 2 weeks. The last time I started the car, I thought the initial surge was a bit off. I'm at full charge now, but I didn't start the car yet to see if I can tell a difference.
I learned years ago when I was able to add a DD car to my stable, that having the parked rig on a tender helps with the longevity of the batteries as well.

I own the 5A for my dual battery superduty and a smaller one for the single battery cars. Both chargers have been great.

I forgot, I also own their solar charger that I bought for our camper. Haven't used it in years tho.

asgoodasdead

TDI
2011 Jettta Sportwagen TDI
picked these up for $250 off letgo today. absolute highway robbery.

gotta do my brakes tomorrow

jesus_man

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta (gone), 2002 Passat (gone), 2009 JSW (VW bought), 2010 JSW
Dang!!! With nice blizzaks too!!

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914

jesssssser

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagen ~118K

How many miles did you get outta your clutch?

I'm at 141k and am dreading having that done

jesssssser

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagen ~118K
Got the timing belt, front brakes/ rotors and had the AC charged.

VW replaced my throttle body and exhaust flap (for the second time). Thank you diesel gate warranty!

The dealer gave me a new Tiguan for the 5 days it took them to complete the work. ~21mpg and only slightly bigger than the JSW... Radio was nice though!

Vpstang

TDI
Jetta Sport wagen
How many miles did you get outta your clutch?

I'm at 141k and am dreading having that done

I bought the car with 115k miles, and replaced the clutch at 138k. The clutch was starting to slip (1st gear with inclines) and ive also been KermaTDi tuned since 115k. The clutch still had good life left, but quarantine was a good time to work on the car. Not sure these pictures really show the wear.

InfoSec

Veteran Member
Installed H&R Touring cup kit
I am looking for splash guards. Looks like your car has them. From where did you get them? I found some at ECS Tuning but I think those require drilling which I am trying to avoid. I wish WeatherTech made some no-drill guards.

Mike in Michigan

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
What did I do today... moved my 2Micron CP3 kit from my 2010 JSW to my 2013 JSW. Now I gotta start cleaning the 2010, so I can get it ready to be listed for sale.

BMAN

Veteran Member
TDI
14 Touareg TDI
I am looking for splash guards. Looks like your car has them. From where did you get them? I found some at ECS Tuning but I think those require drilling which I am trying to avoid. I wish WeatherTech made some no-drill guards.
Mike in Michigan
They are factory guards I got them from my local dealer. You do have to use a drill to install but really no big deal.

asgoodasdead

TDI
installed a used OEM CC rear swaybar on my JSW today. got it for $65 shipped with the brackets and bushings still on it and the car corners so much better now

asgoodasdead

TDI
fabbed up a clutch pedal stopper for $2 at Lowes today and also changed my cabin filter

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914

Vpstang

TDI
Jetta Sport wagen
Yes all hiway, ~1250miles each way, My avg speed was mid 70’s mph (set cruise +10mpg) but construction and speed traps lowered the avg

crashtested

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Q5 TDI Technik, 2014 GSW CL 6MT (RIP), 2004 Jetta GLS 5MT (sold), 2010 GSW HL 6MT (buy back)
Unbricked my BT, Telephone and radio modules after the dealer messed something up trying to "code" a new RCD510 - all is working as expected now. Pulled the Polar FIS to start and took the opportunity to update the FW.

Had a new intake manifold installed after getting P2015 & P2008 codes. All covered under the extended emissions warranty!! 🤟

Also got the dealer to diagnose that YES there was water in my intake hose which qualified me for the cold weather kit.