Oil Pressure Guage

rrgrassi

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta TDI 5 speed
I recently replaced my double din Monsoon radio with a single DIN.

I would like to install an oil pressure gauge in that space.

My question is, on the filter housing, should I install a T fitting, to allow for the idiot light to still function?

I have not bought the gauge yet.

Thanks!

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Highly suggest Auber gauge for many reasons.
Best place to put it is at the oil feed line for the turbo. It's the most important place for oil feed and will give you a better reading as to diagnose the turbos health down the road. Buy a tee fitting that will fit.

Last edited:

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
drill the turbo feed line's banjo bolt for 1/8" npt
when you run the line for the pressure gauge, run the plastic line through rubber vacuum line to prevent chafing (replace the line to your turbo actuator and use the old stuff you took off for this purpose)
don't use the copper line as it does crack off after it work hardens

ETA: and as usual mongler's wrong, no AN style fittings in the car at all from the factory
the OP sender is m10x1.0, but you'll run it against the dipstick tube if you space it outward any. the turbo feed is m12x1.5

Last edited:

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
went digging back to my old build, I ended up getting a banjo bolt with a -4 an fitting and a braided line for the turbo.
I said i think it was and that someone can correct me. geese! The OE is a hard line.
AND i just realized im not im MK3 land as well so that dont help either!

Last edited: