headlight adjustment

vwdsmguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf black 5-spd
I have done searches on my 2018 Golf and I only see one 6mm screw which I turned with no response to the light pattern on my garage door. I got the impression I should turn this 1 adjustment screw clockwise to raise the beam, but turning that screw doesn't change anything. The screw allows my allen wrench in the verticle position to move the only screw I see. What gives??

autoguru21

TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagen Tdi 92,000 Miles & 2015 Golf Sportwagen Sel Tdi 52,000 miles
Headlight Adustment

I own a 2015 mk7 with the lighting package, i recently had my afs bi-xenon headlight assemblies replaced under warranty because the two trim rings fell off inside of the housing from the car sitting in the sun baking,and the afs motors were not functioning properly due to sitting. Anyway i don't know if you have the halogen headlights or bi-xenon headlights but from working on both in friends cars it seems they take quite a few turns before the headlight beam starts to move upward, i own a 2012 Jetta Sportwagen Tdi with halogens and they required quite a few turns as well to start moving the beam upward.

Hope this reply helps