Rawtek or Buzzken

750HMF

TDI
2015 Passat comfortline TDI
Rawtec is 3" and looks nicer (if u care what a pipe under car looks like lol)

Buzzken is 2.5" and cheaper purchase price.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

w123houston

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI 6MT
I chose buzzken purely based on price. I used Rawtek's instructions to install the buzzken kit. One thing i noticed from Rawtek's instructions is they have a few extra connections for the kit. For example, the downpipe comes in multiple pieces, re-installs no longer used sensors, and uses the old dpf mount. I'm not bashing Rawtek, but i feel the buzzken kit is simpler.

Lowangle

TDI
Mk6 sportwagon
After converting to US, the Mec is almost $100 cheaper than buzzken

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Ill stick with my local muffler shop (Mandrel Bending solutions) and either buy the stainless pipe and weld it my self or have them make one for about half that price, IN STAINLESS, ill pass. for $500 bucks i can have any dual system with all the bells and whistles. I had them price me out the pipe to do my mk3 in tick wall aluminised steel pipe, $78 bucks for all the flandges, pipe, bends, flex and so on. Learn to weld! or have someone local do it. I dont do much TIG, not enough to do a system for someone professionally but i mig all day long and plenty of people out there do a good job too. Find someone local to make it for you for literally half the price. Also those wleds on both of those systems are NOT stainless welds or even back purged. enjoy your rusted welds in a few years unless you have them ceramic coated. The rawkins are however so if you had to pick, go with them and make sure that the flex pipe is 100% stainless and not steel with a stainless cover.

Last edited:

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
The rawtek is easier to install and uninstall for future upgrades with their two-piece design though you may have to plug some of the unused bungs (they may be able to do that?). Snaking the single piece downpipes is sort of a pain, but not impossible. If I could go back I'd have gotten the rawtek.

For the rest of the exhaust, a capable shop can do it for half the cost as most "cat-backs" out there.

yahmon

Veteran Member
TDI
04 passat tdi 6spd stage2 webasto TC3 , 04 passatW8 6 spd, 10 Jetta TDI 6spd stage 1
Ill stick with my local muffler shop (Mandrel Bending solutions) and either buy the stainless pipe and weld it my self or have them make one for about half that price, IN STAINLESS, ill pass. for $500 bucks i can have any dual system with all the bells and whistles. I had them price me out the pipe to do my mk3 in tick wall aluminised steel pipe, $78 bucks for all the flandges, pipe, bends, flex and so on. Learn to weld! or have someone local do it. I dont do much TIG, not enough to do a system for someone professionally but i mig all day long and plenty of people out there do a good job too. Find someone local to make it for you for literally half the price. Also those wleds on both of those systems are NOT stainless welds or even back purged. enjoy your rusted welds in a few years unless you have them ceramic coated. The rawkins are however so if you had to pick, go with them and make sure that the flex pipe is 100% stainless and not steel with a stainless cover.
Other alternatives
https://blackhazeworkshop.com/en/pa...40_cr150_cr170_cbea_cjaa_ckra_dpf_delete.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/0.html?orderId=98617152967338

The chinese one might just look a fair bit better than the buzzken
http://pics.tdiclub.com/showphoto.php?photo=130539&title=down-pipe-and-mileage&cat=500

Last edited:

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
I have a Rawtek system in my garage that I will sell if someone wants it. It was going to go on my 2011 Jetta Sportwagon TDI but it got totalled.

Allen Vos

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI
Just picked up a Buzzzken 2.5" DPF delete for 2009 Cr 2.0 tdi, the decision was an easy one as I could pick up local and the price was cheaper than rawtek. The pipes looks to be high quality with decent welding.

yahmon

Veteran Member
TDI
04 passat tdi 6spd stage2 webasto TC3 , 04 passatW8 6 spd, 10 Jetta TDI 6spd stage 1
Just picked up a Buzzzken 2.5" DPF delete for 2009 Cr 2.0 tdi, the decision was an easy one as I could pick up local and the price was cheaper than rawtek. The pipes looks to be high quality with decent welding.
Price???

Turbski

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI
I literally just finished installing the 3" rawtek kit with high flow cat and resonator. It was incredibly easy. The only sensors reused were a single EGT sensor and an O2 sensor.

yahmon

Veteran Member
TDI

Nemo312

TDI
2013 VW Golf TDI
I literally just finished installing the 3" rawtek kit with high flow cat and resonator. It was incredibly easy. The only sensors reused were a single EGT sensor and an O2 sensor.
This is my ideal setup, how do you like it? Any smell? Hows the sound?

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
Nowhere do you list just exactly what a TDI exhaust will cost. Or where this work would happen...just an open ended criticism of stuff that has demonstrated good fitting.

Now if you want to go list a shop, and provide some pics of their work, and a quote, *THAT* would be useful.
cheers,
Douglas