www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +)

VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +) Discussions area for the Mk7 (2015+) Golf and Golf Wagon TDIs based on the MQB (Modularer Querbaukasten) platform.

Old December 9th, 2018, 07:48   #106
tleader
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 15 GSW
Fuel Economy: 43-48

Ive had the MQB edition for over a month on my MK7. I bought it and updated it to 0.2.4 before install. Ive never had a battery issue and have always seen the EGTs on all four sensors. Of course the layout still needs improvement, its not as clean and sized like on the MK6 displays. But overall, all the parameters seem to work fine on the one I have installed.

If the new beta update has addressed the size and position of the readout that would be great, really only one of the downfalls I see now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
tleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2018, 08:12   #107
STOKTDI
Veteran Member

I updated this past week from 1.8 to 2.4 and it was a huge improvement. Font and layout is more mk7 style then the previous mk6 style. Only 4 parameters per page instead of 5, and now the third parameter is larger so it is much easier to see my EGT values. Still no intake air temp but the boost reading worked.
Old December 25th, 2018, 21:48   #108
Mike in Anchorage
Veteran Member

After watching this thread for more than 6 months, I'm ready to give myself and my GSW a treat. Going to the Polar website, though, the order link seems to be broken. Also, it seems to be a British site. I doubt anyone can post a link to the ordering site, but I hope someone can PM me with the info. I really want to get a handle on the DPF and EGT parameters. TIA.
~ I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. Marilyn Monroe
2015 Tornado Red Golf TDI Sportwagen SE, new on 2 SEP 2017, DSG, big sunroof. Lovin it!
Mike in Anchorage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2018, 21:55   #109
tomo366
TDI Lifer, Member #131

Kerma sells them here in the USA
2015 Jetta TDI SEL Tornado red
2014 BMW 328D XDrive Glacier Silver
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black!
tomo366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2018, 08:34   #110
1854sailor
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomo366 View Post
Kerma sells them here in the USA
As do German Diesel Motorworks and URO Tuning...
Old December 26th, 2018, 09:30   #111
tomo366
TDI Lifer, Member #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1854sailor View Post
As do German Diesel Motorworks and URO Tuning...
There you go!
2015 Jetta TDI SEL Tornado red
2014 BMW 328D XDrive Glacier Silver
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black!
tomo366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2018, 09:35   #112
1854sailor
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomo366 View Post
There you go!
I spoke with Les at GDM and will get it from him and have them do the install once AutoPolar gets the bugs worked out.
Old December 27th, 2018, 10:30   #113
740GLE
Veteran Member

I hear that may be around the time mk8s hit the streets this side of the pond, ha!
740GLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2019, 20:19   #114
Mike in Anchorage
Veteran Member

So I got one from Kerma, and my son is helping with the update. Seems 2.4 s the one you're recommending. He says there is a red and a white 2.4. He's having trouble getting MQB to go well. The unit they shipped says PF04 on it. I hope they didn't ship the wrong one! We'll se how this works.
~ I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. Marilyn Monroe
2015 Tornado Red Golf TDI Sportwagen SE, new on 2 SEP 2017, DSG, big sunroof. Lovin it!
Old January 20th, 2019, 10:53   #115
bigb
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in Anchorage View Post
So I got one from Kerma, and my son is helping with the update. Seems 2.4 s the one you're recommending. He says there is a red and a white 2.4. He's having trouble getting MQB to go well. The unit they shipped says PF04 on it. I hope they didn't ship the wrong one! We'll se how this works.
Any progress?
bigb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2019, 17:03   #116
Mike in Anchorage
Veteran Member

OK. So I'm getting frustrated with the installation. No MkVII instruction videos. It seems I need to release the left dash cubby. Videos show a previous model - just squeeze the sides together and it pulls down. I have squeezed until I think I'll break the plastic and no luck. Has anyone else done this? I have taken off one lower panel.

Seems I'm in no need to undo the battery since there is no knee airbag. Once I can remove the lower panel it should be pretty easy.

I'm looking forward to plug and play, but like so many install videos, a simple "remove this piece" is preventing my making progress.

Any hints?
Old January 20th, 2019, 17:19   #117
bigb
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in Anchorage View Post
OK. So I'm getting frustrated with the installation. No MkVII instruction videos. It seems I need to release the left dash cubby. Videos show a previous model - just squeeze the sides together and it pulls down. I have squeezed until I think I'll break the plastic and no luck. Has anyone else done this? I have taken off one lower panel.

Seems I'm in no need to undo the battery since there is no knee airbag. Once I can remove the lower panel it should be pretty easy.

I'm looking forward to plug and play, but like so many install videos, a simple "remove this piece" is preventing my making progress.

Any hints?

Is this what you are trying to remove, or is it the panel around this?
Old January 20th, 2019, 17:23   #118
bigb
Veteran Member

Here is the lower panel...

Old January 20th, 2019, 21:58   #119
Mike in Anchorage
Veteran Member

Yep - that's it. Wonderful.

May I ask where you located this disassembly info? It will help me to see the information that is not in the pic.

Thanks.
Old January 20th, 2019, 22:51   #120
Cuzoe
Veteran Member

TDI(s): MK7 Golf S

Give it a slow but firm pull in the bottom right corner when you have it open, that seems to unhinge it. There are very small tabs at the top but it doesn't take much to release them.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Cuzoe is offline   Reply With Quote