2000 New Beetle TDI 5-speed for sale for best offer, Hopewell Junction, NY

JP wilson

TDI
2000 VW New Beetle
Hello!

I am selling my 2000 VW New Beetle TDI 5-speed manual for the best offer I get in the next 1-2 weeks. The car is at a garage in Hopewell Junction, New York and needs a timing belt, water pump, among other repairs. It is not driveable and would need a tow.

Car has about 196,000 miles. I bought the car used at 124,000 miles from a German import shop in Montrose, New York. I've been doing oil changes every 5,000 miles and regular maintenance.

Metallic dark blue color with a silver racing stripe. Most of the body and interior are in good condition.

Exceptions: the driver side running board is dented. The silver racing stripe has faded in the sun. The passenger front seat has rips in the leather seat.

The car includes all-season tires at 75%, 3 studded snow tires at 75%. Car has a top-of-the-line speaker sound system I installed in 2016, satellite radio ready. Moon roof. Power windows and doors. Heated seats.

As you already know, this car gets up to 50 miles per gallon on diesel fuel. I saved so much money on fuel it's not even funny. Now, I'm in a position to upgrade to a hybrid, and I want my car to find itself in the arms of someone who cares.

One last thing, the AC stopped working last summer.

I won't be able to post pictures until this weekend, but since I need to sell this thing fast, I decided to get the listing up anyway. Best way to reach me is text 718-938-3743. Thank you.

tdi-eyed

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk4 Jetta Wagon
Would be helpful to know miles on her, why she is not driveable, for starters. Per forum rules, you must post a price .... this is not ebay :)

JP wilson

TDI
2000 VW New Beetle
Asking $1250 for this New Beetle

Hi! She has 196,000 miles. I bought her with 124,000.

She was leaking coolant so I had her towed to a shop. They diagnosed a problem with the water pump. There were other problems too but I can't say exactly what. Saturday I am picking her up from the shop and will post the complete diagnosis of her troubles, based on what they tell me.

$1250 is my asking price. :)

Last edited: