Need a Balance Shaft Module kit!!!!

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
Impressive Whitbread - very impressive. Congrats!
Glad your other items made it ok :)
-BB

CoasterMoose

Veteran Member
TDI
Owned and loved a 2005 Passat GLS TDI Wagon - Stonehenge Grey and Unchained!
Tomorrow my BSM upgrade parts will arrive, hallelujah! I will limp my Passat into Zahntech in Redmond on Tuesday and will drive it home "unchained" and much quieter on Thursday. Yippee!! I'm getting really tired of driving the Ford Focus rental car I have, I miss my Passat.

Thanks again to Pete for letting me know that Gunther VW in Coconut Creek, FL had a BSM kit available. Visit their website for a 20% parts discount for TDI Club members.

Eric Odle

TDI
2005 Passat Wagon TDI (Chain Free!)
Well, it seems Impex has them, I just ordered the BSM upgrade and a timing belt kit. Here's the link:

https://www.worldimpex.com/index.html

Of course now I half expect a call tomorrow saying sorry, we don't actually have them in stock, we just forgot to update the website, etc... But all things going well I should have a kit before too long. I'll report back with my results.

-Eric

Last edited:

Eric Odle

TDI
Ooops, spoke to soon... Sure enough after talking to them about the order, the call comes back later from Impex that the item is on backorder and is expected in from Germany on Monday. Having spent a few years in international shipping, I think I will take a wait and see approach. It's hard not to to feel had when they already have your money for an order their website said they had in stock. Grrrrrr....

CoasterMoose

Veteran Member
TDI
I received a call from Susan (TDI Club member in Washington) today, her car is in the shop in Bellevue awaiting a BSM kit.

Susan, if you see this message, you may want to try Impex, I know nothing about this company but if you can get the kit on Monday, that may be better than other delivery dates I've been hearing.

Best wishes to you and Eric.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
Ooops, spoke to soon... Sure enough after talking to them about the order, the call comes back later from Impex that the item is on backorder and is expected in from Germany on Monday. Having spent a few years in international shipping, I think I will take a wait and see approach. It's hard not to to feel had when they already have your money for an order their website said they had in stock. Grrrrrr....
Funny, the same thing happened with a BSM kit I ordered from Impex about two or three years ago. They charged my card, said they had it, then got the call (sorry, backordered).. I had to call them and cancel my order to get a refund.. Terrible folks to deal with and I never ordered anything from them since.

I believe they cannot legally charge your card unless the item is shipped. But...:rolleyes:

Eric Odle

TDI
Actually Impex said they would have it on Monday, and then it's another 3 days for expedited delivery to the West Coast. And even that I have to take with a grain of salt, now that they have my money and everything. Next the ship will be delayed due to weather, then it'll be stuck in customs, truck broke down, etc... I'm not normally cynical about these things but I have spent enough time in the shipping biz to be skeptical.

runonbeer

Maintenance EnthusiastVendor
TDI
'00 Golf 02M, '10 Golf 02E, '02 UTE 02M
I get my BSM kits from my friendly, local dealer. I had to give my guy a VIN last time I picked one up so he could re stock. That's right, he stocks them for me :)

Whitbread

TDI
Several
I'm jealous of you guys, the closest dealer to me is a 3 hour round trip. I can't afford to do that as often as I need parts so I have to order everything in :(.

johnboy00

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat Wagon, 2004 Jetta, 2003 Jetta wagon
Actually Impex said they would have it on Monday, and then it's another 3 days for expedited delivery to the West Coast. And even that I have to take with a grain of salt, now that they have my money and everything. Next the ship will be delayed due to weather, then it'll be stuck in customs, truck broke down, etc... I'm not normally cynical about these things but I have spent enough time in the shipping biz to be skeptical.
I've had pretty good luck with Impex. When I bought my BSM the gear puller was backordered with a couple of week delivery time. The ended up locating one and getting it for me in less than a week.

Now, if they spoke to you before they talked to Germany, you may be in for a rude awakening since it did appear that there was little/no European stock either.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
I'm jealous of you guys, the closest dealer to me is a 3 hour round trip. I can't afford to do that as often as I need parts so I have to order everything in :(.
We get a dealer delivery here almost every day. Love seein' that Sprinter! :) Especially when he backs up in the shop, because that almost always means an 01M is in the back! :D

Whitbread

TDI
Several
We get a dealer delivery here almost every day. Love seein' that Sprinter! :) Especially when he backs up in the shop, because that almost always means an 01M is in the back! :D
How far away and how cool is your dealer though? The two closest are total idiots especially when it comes to tdi's, they don't stock rear mains, alh vacuum pump o-rings, or ALH brake booster hoses because "we've never had to replace them". The only cool dealer that halfway knows what's up is over 2 hours each way away and they won't deliver out to me :(.

Funny you mention installing so many 01M's, I've only ever re-installed one (in the girlfriends car) haha. Every auto trans that gets pulled here ends up at the scrap yard and a manual goes in its place :D.

oilhammer

TDI
How far away and how cool is your dealer though? The two closest are total idiots especially when it comes to tdi's, they don't stock rear mains, alh vacuum pump o-rings, or ALH brake booster hoses because "we've never had to replace them". The only cool dealer that halfway knows what's up is over 2 hours each way away and they won't deliver out to me :(.

Funny you mention installing so many 01M's, I've only ever re-installed one (in the girlfriends car) haha. Every auto trans that gets pulled here ends up at the scrap yard and a manual goes in its place :D.
We have 5 dealers in the STL area, the one we get our parts from is ironically one of the furthest away. They also are the largest, and I have a 20+ year relationship with the guys there. They are pretty good (two brothers) but often call ME to ask a question about something. So at least they are not so proud as to not seek advice if needed outside of the VW umbrella. I can also credit them for bringing the updated BHW balance shaft design to my attention, as he stumbled across it in ETKA when I went to order yet another chain/tensioner for one.

I know what you mean about the 01Ms, unfortunately not everyone is willing to row their own gears, and while it may seem crazy, some people will spend $4000+ on a transmission if that is what they need to do to keep the car rolling again.

TomJD

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI GLS, 2015 Golf TDI
We have 5 dealers in the STL area, the one we get our parts from is ironically one of the furthest away. They also are the largest, and I have a 20+ year relationship with the guys there. They are pretty good (two brothers) but often call ME to ask a question about something. So at least they are not so proud as to not seek advice if needed outside of the VW umbrella. I can also credit them for bringing the updated BHW balance shaft design to my attention, as he stumbled across it in ETKA when I went to order yet another chain/tensioner for one.
Would that dealership be Suntrup or Dean Team? I bought my Jetta from Suntrup so I would like to know.

oilhammer

TDI
Dean Ballwin. Their sales department is not so great, and I have come across some questionable ethics with some cars they sold people. I of course fix their service department's stuff frequently, but the parts guys are great to us!

TomJD

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI GLS, 2015 Golf TDI
Dean Ballwin. Their sales department is not so great, and I have come across some questionable ethics with some cars they sold people. I of course fix their service department's stuff frequently, but the parts guys are great to us!
That would be a pretty good distance from Maryland Heights. I will have to give them some of my parts business from time to time.

Eric Odle

TDI
Yeah just spoke with Aaron at Bora, the ebay listing is a mistake, they don't have 3 BSM kits available. He figures they're about 3 weeks out, citing a global shortage.

Impex is saying the container arrives Monday so I guess there's nothing to do but wait and see how that goes.

runonbeer

Maintenance EnthusiastVendor
TDI
'00 Golf 02M, '10 Golf 02E, '02 UTE 02M
I'll ask my guys down at MaundVW tomorrow when I go in to return the CR turbo oil line I didn't need (yay!) and pick up the DPF pressure differential switch that I broke (boo!).

I love going to the dealer. Sometimes they feed me :)

Eric Odle

TDI
Ah pleasant surprise! Impex received their shipment of BSM's early and is shipping out my kit today, which means I should have it by next Wednesday. Impex has them for the time being, if anyone else is looking.

CoasterMoose

Veteran Member
TDI
Really happy that I got my BSM from Gunther VW in Coconut Creek, FL a couple weeks ago or I would still be driving a rental car. (Thanks Pete!)

Yeah, there's no demand for these units at all.

CsTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 TouaregTDI, '15 JettaTDI

No worries. Impex is near me and I have both ordered from them as well as picked up on site. They are good to their word. Just give them a call, or I think that they have a chat on their website, if you have any questions...

Last edited: