Great 3M Clear Bra installers in Annapolis, MD

rabinabo

TDI
2010 4 door Golf TDI manual
I just got 3M paint protection installed by Frontguard in Annapolis (http://www.frontguard.com/index.php), and I highly recommend them. At first I was going to try installing it myself, so I bought some kits from cleardefender.com. After making a few attempts, I gave up and gave these guys a call after I saw some great reviews on bmw and mini forums.

I watched these guys work for about two hours, and they are utmost professionals, very dedicated to doing good work, and great to talk to. Matt told me about possible problems with some kits available online or installation, and he was even honest and said the cleardefender kit was fairly good. They're able to cut their own kits, so for my next car, I'll definitely have them do all the work.

Oh, and if you doubt the usefulness of the 3M protection, check out this video: http://www.frontguard.com/gravelometer.htm

rabinabo

TDI
Since they were just installing kits that I had already bought, they did it for a flat fee of $400. If you want to see pics of the work, just let me know.

EJS

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta
brucebanes said:
Macco says they can repaint your car for $500.- why pay $500.- for a car condom?
Have you seen a Macco paint job? You'd be better off going to Home Depot & picking up spray cans.

LiLredTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta tdi pd-1989 Jetta IDI-1994 F-250 IDI Turbo
EJS said:
Have you seen a Macco paint job? You'd be better off going to Home Depot & picking up spray cans.
To get a paint job the equivilent to the factory job it would most likely be in excess of 12 thousand dollars.

Macco could probably do an okay job is you did all the prep and reassembly. That is where all the time and effort is.

brucebanes

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 99.B
Ya Macco sucks but how much would a touch up job cost? Probably the same amount you would pay for a car condom.

jollyGreenGiant

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf TDI GLS ( my 5th TDI ), 03 Eurovan GLS - VR6 :(
I bought a kit and installed it myself on my 03 Eurovan, it took about 6 hours total to get it all on and the kit was about $200. It was absolutely worth it IMO.

For folks who buy a new car every 2 years then this probably doesn't make sense, just keep consuming new stuff and throw it away when you're done. But for those who plan on owning your VW for the long haul this stuff makes sense no doubt about it.

rabinabo

TDI
Sorry for taking so long, but here are a few pics. Please pardon the grimy car. There are some air bubbles that I only noticed today. I just emailed them to see what they can do, like make a tiny pinhole to take out the air.

You see the bumper doesn't quite come out to the edge, although the fender does.

This is the curve of the hood piece and how it matches up with the right fender piece.

This is the rest of the right fender.