FS: 1996 VW Passat TDI

914rrr

TDI
2012 JSW w/ DSG
$9500

1996 Volkswagen Passat TDI

149000 miles, 40-45 mpg, A/C, Power Sunroof w/ optional deflector, 5 speed, AM/FM cassette, White w/ Tan interior, 15" BBS Alloy Wheels, Class 1 tow hitch, dealer installed window tint, Power windows / mirrors / door locks, tilt, cruise, non-smoker, etc.

Very Well Maintained! Synthetic oil always used. Always a southern vehicle. Spent most of its life in Texas. Original owners manual has every dealer maintenance stamp in it. Clean carfax. We are the second owner. Timing belt and water pump were replaced at about 129000 miles. Recent maintenance includes; replacing harmonic crank pulley, tensioner, and accessory belts to cure the dreaded TDI belt squeak when cold.

Email us for photos.

Contact 865-463-2575 or send a message.

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/cto/957044727.html

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Yeah, I'm afraid the bubble has burst and that window has slammed shut....

Ray_G

Veteran Member
TDI
98 Jetta TDI
tomo366 said:
Are you serious???? I can buy 2 96 Passats right now for 9500.........
More like 2.5 of them for what I just sold mine for.

Ray_G

Veteran Member
TDI
98 Jetta TDI
Nope, I had two of them. I still own mine, I bought my wife a gasser Passat, she does not drive that much. I am thinking about a A4 wagon for me, but not sure I want to part with the money, my B4 has a lot of life left.

bikeprof

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat B4 Variant white, 1996 Town & Country 3.8 LXI
It is not good to put our fellow TDI'rs down, no matter.
If the B4 is not what your money is wanting to buy, let someone else decide what the proper cost would be.

"Offering" to "share" your low $ value is not good maintenace for the CLUB or the VW TDI's that we drive.

IMO, by the way...

ford40

TDI
1996 passat
Run the mans car down but for all that have one do you want to sell it for the low price that you paid for it!

VWWV

Veteran Member
TDI
passat 96, candy white
914rrr is trying to sell a car the likes of which will probably never be seen again. Ultimately, the value will be determined by the buyer....not the tire kickers. (does that sound too much like a certain west coast member?) "later"......

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
VWWV said:
914rrr is trying to sell a car the likes of which will probably never be seen again. Ultimately, the value will be determined by the buyer....not the tire kickers. (does that sound too much like a certain west coast member?) "later"......
Yes, he is trying to sell a car........but have you seen any pictures? any answers to questions? I went back and searched under his name.......and found he was having heater problems..........is that disclosed?? No, This car would absolutely be near new to sell for that asking price........ :rolleyes: