New to TDIClub? Introduce yourself here!

McFuzz

TDI
A6 TDI
Hello all,

A bit of a late introduction but I am a relatively new owner of a '14 A6 TDI Prestige. We traded our '12 VR6 Passat for the TDI after we moved and our commute practically tripled. Love the car so far - 500-550 mile tanks are noice while spending less than we did on the Passat (which required 91 and had a range of about 350 miles).

Anyway - wooo!

GonzoForTDI

TDI
Prospective buyer of 99-03 TDI 5-speed
Hello TDI Club!
I have been surfing your forums for a while but only recently decided to sign up. I plan to purchase a 99-03 TDI Golf, Jetta, or Wagen within the next couple months; I have been shopping for a while now. I am located in central Pennsylvania and am wondering if I travel to a nearby state, if anyone would be interested in helping me look at a vehicle. Currently looking at vehicles in Ohio and New Jersey; I would pay you for your time and knowledge! Thanks everyone, and looking forward to being a member!
Gonzo

Ganse

TDI
2000 jetta tdi
Hi everyone. I'm new to tdi club. Wondering how many people on the forum are from centre Wellington?

dm13rs

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
Hello everyone I'm back with VW family!
It is the first time owning diesel vehicles.
My family used had golf gt in Japan, it was awesome.
Now I own Jetta TDI! It's fun and great car!:)

TexKlein

TDI
2015 GSW TDI SEL
Noob... I have my order in at the dealer for a 2015 GSW TDI SEL. Silk blue with Quartz interior. Hopefully it arrives before June. I've got a 16 yo that is slowly taking control of my 1999 CRV.

wmc85

TDI
2013 Jetta tdi
New to the TDI Club - 2013 Jetta TDI

Hello all,

I am a proud new owner of my first TDI, its a 2013 Jetta TDI. I've been looking at entering the TDI world for years now and i finally made it!

There is so much information on this site, i have spent hours, last night, going through thread after thread. If anyone could point me in the correct directions for quick, easy, cheap modifications that would be much appreciated!

My new Jetta is a pretty basic model, but it has only 20k miles on it. I noticed immediately that i do not have the right hand controls on the steering wheel. I found a thread on this site recommending to buy the switch and someone with a vag com. Luckily, my friend has a vag com!

Again, any quick tips or points to enhancements or modifications would be greatly appreciated! My vehicle is basic bones as of today!

Thanks!
Chris

ImADesignerd

TDI
2015 MK7 TDI Golf
New to the Club

Hello everyone!

First off, I would like to say a big thank you for everyone here who contributes to this community.

I have been lurking for a few months now trying to decide what my next car purchase would be. Due to all of the information I found here I finally decided to take the leap!

I am a new proud owner of a 2015 MK7 Golf SE TDI. White with the lighting package.

I AM IN LOVE with my new car and I already signed up on fuelly. =D

This car is the 3rd VW in my family. We own a custom 67 VW bug and a 64 Bus.

Anyway, thanks again and I look forward to adding to this community of enthusiasts!

masify

TDI
2015 Jetta SE w/ Conn. 6MT
Hello!

New TDI owner here: 2015 Jetta SE 6MT with Connectivity. 2nd VW in family but first TDI

PuzzledVW

TDI
2014 JSW
Wanted to say hello to everyone, new to TDI's but not new to VW's. Just traded my Touareg in on a 2014 Pure White JSW with DSG. Have done a few small mods so far:

* Blacked out chrome trim
* Debadged
* Black front VW emblem
* Clear side markers

Have quite a few other plans, but looking forward to seeing what other people are doing to their cars. Loving the mileage and the car overall.

Jarhead245

TDI
Mk6
Fog lights

Hey everyone I'm new to tdi club I purchased a 2010 golf tdi back in august. First time diesel owner and I'm lovin it so far. Couple little issues so far one being the fog lights. Now I had someone check the wiring because it seemed to me that it was a lose wire because one fog light would go out then come back on. Sometimes they'd both be out and other times both on. I replaced a bulb that was out when first purchasing the car so I know the bulbs are good. jw if anyone has a solution or an input

JimGarb

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI Premium w/Nav
Hi everyone. I'm new to the TDI Club. I purchased a 2014 Jetta TDI with DSG in the beginning of April. I'm a first time diesel owner and I love my Jetta. I couldn't resist the left over price of the '14. Drove it off the lot with 109 miles.

It was a good replacement for my 5 speed Saturn Vue with 173k on it. I needed an automatic so my wife could drive it. Glad to meet everyone.

alphasurf

TDI
Possible 99 TDI Jetta
New member from South Carolina

Hey all I just became a member to learn more about the TDI cars and I might be getting one soon. I look forward to learning and also hope in the future I an help others.

bloodycelt

TDI
2015 VW Golf TDI
Hmm, I probably should post here...

I entered here looking for information, and ended up getting a 2015 Golf TDI S (manual), still getting used to the car.

My previous car was an '02 Civic Manual.

jozdad

TDI
Simple TDI questions from Newbie

I have a 2000 TDI Beetle, and the automatic tranny was recently "rebuilt" by shady characters and then gave out after 1000 miles. I changed the fluid and it ran good again for a day. Now only runs in 1st gear. I can get a tranny at the yard for $99 and I think I can replace it myself. My simple question is actually 3 questions: 1. Can I use any auto tranny for the VW Beetle? Does it have to be TDI or can it be from a gas version? 2. What years can I use for the swap in a 2000 Beetle? 3. Is it possible to upgrade the tranny? Should I look for a better transmission that will fit? Thanks all for input!
1. Are the gas version auto tranny's the same as in my TDI?
2. What auto trans years will fit a 2000 Beetle TDI
3. Is there a better tranny/year out there that I should look for?

rotarykid

Top Post Dawg
Piedmont of N.C. & the plains of Colorado
TDI
1997 Passat TDI White,99.5 Blue Jetta TDI
best guess from real observation on this is something wears either in the case itself or part of one of the hardened shafts causing a misalignment leading to the rebuild attempt eating itself in short order after a rebuild attempt....

Only real choices here for a long term success, 100k+ miles worry free with that automatic is to shell out the ~$4k VW wants for a factory rebuilt one or do a switch to a manual trans.....There really isn't any other options on keeping one of these things going....

And to answer your other question, only one out of a TDI will work in your car. The gasser versions are not geared correctly for your engine. But best case on one out of a junk yard is short term at best since it has already exceeded design limits (age of service) so not really worth effort...

JackMelton

TDI
2015 Jetta SE
I'm back to the diesel!

I recently purchased a 2015 Jetta TDI SE. I had a new 2005 Jetta TDI for a year during a break from having an assigned company provided vehicle. I was very impressed with the 2005 TDI. I still have a company car, but wanted "My Car". A Kawasaki Vulcan 750 was fun, but two-wheeling is iffy around Atlanta. So I am back to the diesel and love it! There have been nice improvements in the past 10 years. Open the sunroof, lower the windows, and it is almost as open as the motorcycle, but now I get better mileage.

rcworship

TDI
2013 Passat SE 6 sp manual
Newbie, 1st time diesel and VW owner

Hello all! I just bought a 2013 VW Passat TDI SE with a 6 speed manual. So far, I love it! Got it with 42000 miles on it and will begin commuting 132 miles a day (goodbye vanpool:(--sniff--...) in a few months. So, I bought a diesel that gets great mileage. I am interested in tossing an under-seat subwoofer in to improve the base 8 speaker stereo-take the low-end load off the speakers. Or, maybe a speaker upgrade would be the way...Looking forward to participating and learning!

Ikonovich

TDI
2000 Beetle
Hey guys, I'm the recent and proud owner of a 2000 VW Beetle, a manual 1.8 turbo with nearly 160k miles on it and a brand new clutch. Inherited my last car (Automatic 97 Maxima) from my parents, never really had a car that was mine before. I have very little experience with maintaining cars - I can change the oil and the brakes and that's about it. As this Beetle is a bit of a fixer upper, I plan to use it to change that.

Already used this forum to determine that my oil pressure indicator light was coming on (strangely) because of a coolant sensor, and changed that out. Never done that before, but the problem went away so so far so good :D

mr_y82

Veteran Member
TDI
Used to have... '11 Golf, 6-spd, 2-door
Ikon= we do mostly TDIs here. For more model relevant discussions try over at VW Vortex
Almost exclusively... ;) "Non-dieselers" might not realize that T-urbo D-irect I-jection refers only to those of us who "roll coal" (not really, but wanted a "euphemism" for diesel... better ideas?).

But.... Glad the TDI forums helped you out anyway Ikonovich! Buy a TDI and stick around!!!

AAChaoshand

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL Premium
Hey everyone, just picked up a 2015 VW Passat TDI SEL Premium on Saturday after I traded in a turd Chrysler 200 after four years of dealing with terrible design. Love the VW, it's like going from a Geo Metro to a Maserati in quality and comfort. Loving the car so far, looks great next to my 2013 Corvette :) Wife is now happy she has a car that works and has some torque to get moving(or get out of the way) when needed.

S-Spinnister

TDI
2015 Golf TDI SEL, manual.
New to the forum - hi! I just picked up my new 2015 Golf TDI SEL (manual) on Monday. I've had a 2005 Jetta TDI GLS wagon (also a manual) for almost 11 years now (189,000 miles), and I'll miss her, but it was time. Love the old car, but REALLY love the new one! Thought I'd have trouble putting the old car up for sale, but....nope. I will have to get used to having less space (which I don't need 85% of the time anyway).
The only mod I intend for the Golf is a skid plate. The Jetta ate 2 plastic pans in just a few years - we live on a gravel road in the land of ice and snow. Haven't found one yet - does anybody here know if anyone is making one yet? I contacted Dieselgeek, but they don't have anything yet.

jpuracchio

TDI
2009 VW Jetta

Thank You for providing this wonderful medium of information relating to my newly acquired '09 Jetta TDI. I'm really excited to once again own a VW my last being a '71 Super Beetle with many Datsuns and Jeeps in between. I have many question but now see that all I have to do is read a bit of information already within the forum and the answers are already there. Having fun browsing for now! :)

Deacon Brent

TDI
99 Beetle 340km
EGR question

Been having the service engine light on but still runs good, check codes said it was EGR system. Yesterday I checked voltage and found that I am getting low voltage to all parts of the system. Looking for advice as to what would cause low voltage to EGR system?

ChuckRainey

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE 6m
Hellooooo Everybody, I'm Chuck. Picked up a shiny blue 2015 Passat TDI SE with 6m on Friday evening. Been a long time coming and I am so very happy to have found this excellent resource online. I have been breaking her in as expressed in one of the other Sticky threads by driving it sprited and by varying rpms. I live in the City but there are lots of nice 45-50mph zones nearby to stretch out each gear to 3800rpms. My goal is to keep the car until my daugther turns 16 so I can give it to her. She just turned 7 so Im thinking with some love and care, it should treat me right. Cheers!

2000TDIdarrell

TDI
2000 Jetta
New TDI owner and new to the forum

Hey fellow TDI owners hope life is treating yall well today!!!! Well, I am the newest member of the TDI forums, and the new owner of a 2000 Jetta TDi, I got the car for next to nothing (traded for aa AR-15) it has close to 200,000 miles and still runs like a champ. I have already started ordering and receiving MODS the list is, the 150HP kit from KERMA, with all the upgrades, I have from Quality German Auto, A complete, Auto-Manual transmission kit, An ST suspension kit and last but not least I will be buying new wheels and tires.

After I am done with this set of MODs, I have list that includes, intercooler, sway bars, 2.5inch exhaust, I am sure more will get added to this list.

I plan on taking a ton of pix and making a built thread. so I can keep anyone who cares updated lol.

I do have a question, I saw that KERMA has a high milage 200k+ timing belt/tune up kit. is there any other "kits" out there for this?

lklancaste2189

TDI
2012 and 2003 Jetta TDI
Hello all!

I'm Kyle, owner of two VW TDIs (2003 and 2012). I have recently moved to El Paso, TX from Kingsport TN. I have joined this sight for general information regarding my cars and to possibly be guided to a trusty mechanic in this area (Am willing to travel).

Look forward to learning more about these cars!