obdeleven Canadian source?

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
So I am looking at getting an obdeleven, but all the vendors I have found are american. Does anybody here sell or know of a canadian vendor that sells obdeleven?

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
Interesting - I wonder if it does Injection timing on an ALH / AHU - not listed on their site.

Seems to do everything else...

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
I couldn't say, but it looks like a great bang for the buck app. It seems fairly popular amongst mk7 golf owners from what i've seen on the golfmk7 forums and on vwvortex. For my needs, this would be perfect as I don't need vcds and it's handy that I can play around with it anywhere I go using my phone or tablet. I would be more then happy to let someone else try it out once I actually get it :D

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
I just bought one, can't wait to get it and play around with it, the mk7 seems to have a lot of features that can be unlocked with vcds/obdeleven :)

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
Yep that's the guys I got it from, although I bought it off their ebay page

Beaker80

TDI
2006 Golf TDI Manual
The credits are to install applications onto your vehicle. Example might be horn honk switched off when locking/unlocking or lights flashing for different things(there are many apps depending on what vehicle you're using it on). The apps cost a few credits each and all the coding is done for you. You can also do the coding yourself either short or long coding(zero's and one's, HEX code) and this doesn't involve any credits but you need the Pro edition to do it. You can earn free credits by watching advertisements, logging in, initial activation earns you 10 credits. There are different credit packages you can buy. 200 credits is 24 pounds. A single is like 1.49 pound. For me 200 credits would be $40 CDN. Nice bonus.

Here's a YouTube video that perfectly explains the credit system;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tesklrp019E

Last edited:

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
The credits are useless and if you get the 200 credits you bought the pro version anyways. The credits are only good if you don't know how to change some numbers around...

Beaker80

TDI
2006 Golf TDI Manual
The credits are useless and if you get the 200 credits you bought the pro version anyways. The credits are only good if you don't know how to change some numbers around...
Yes I agree. It's just 1 and 0's. But I already have activated my OBDeleven and also have collected my 200 FREE credits. I had read elsewhere where others couldn't collect. Are you one?

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
nope I got my 200 credits aswell but who knows when/if i'll ever use them up... so far all the mods i've done were just simple 1's and 0's like you said and changing the respective byte for the desired application

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
I see on their website it says only for Android and to use it a DATA plan required.
Both those leave me out if I were interested.

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
Well it's not surprising it's android only.. You can't do anything 3rd party with apple...and my obdeleven has used 3.73mb so far, I hardly see that as a problem :)

Xpdite

TDI
2013 Passat TDI
I read that they are coming out with an Apple version of the hardware.
I have been thinking about getting one of these to make a couple of little changes to my 2015 Passat TDI. My old one used to show the fan speed on the environmental control when on auto and do the needle sweep when starting. Kind of miss that. Not sure it is worth $110. I also read on some of the forums that there are some things you just cannot set back to factor and of course the horror stories of people screwing up the programing.

I don't have an Android device is the other issue. Wonder if it works with an Android emulator like BlueStacks on a Windows laptop? That is what I have been using to collect the free credits from the app.
Stupid question and I am sure this is not the forum to ask but is a 2015 Passt TDI considered a B7 or B8?

Last edited: