Can anyone confirm if a c5 a6 center shaft is the same as a b5.5 4motion

tophergrace

Veteran Member
TDI
Alh
state side we got three different b5.5 transmissions:
6-speed(01e)
5-speed(o1a)
and auto so we need more info also the wheelbase of a passat is about an inch shorter.

stp359

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 4motion tdi 6speed
You can split it in 2. The part between the transmission and the center bearing is the same for example for all 6 speeds, all 5speeds. The part between the center bearing on a 6 speed passat is the same as the one on a 6 speed a6, a4, etc. The difference is in the rear part between the center bearing and the rear diff. Is you split them in 2 you could work something out and balance it afterward.

vwztips

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat GLS Wagon TDI 5 spd manual w/BSM delete 2011 Tiguan TDI/DSG 2005 Audi A4 Avant 6MQ TDI 2011 BMW X5 35d
/\Ditto/\ but I thought it was the other way around. The rear section was the same and the front changed length. I know on the Audi AllRoad the rear section of the driveshaft for an automatic or manual is the same and the front varies.

stp359

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 4motion tdi 6speed
/\Ditto/\ but I thought it was the other way around. The rear section was the same and the front changed length. I know on the Audi AllRoad the rear section of the driveshaft for an automatic or manual is the same and the front varies.
I'm talking about same transmissions in different cars. Let's say a driveshaft from an A6 6speed and an S4 6speed. The front part will be the same but the rear will be different.