GM PUTS ISUZU-BOSCH COMMON RAIL IN PICKUP DIESEL

S

SkyPup

Thanks for that link to the GM Diesel Page. That engine is a big step forward for GM to pick up that technology from Isuzu and Bosch. Wonder how the dealers service will handle this engine. GM service leaves alot to be desired with their pickup IMHO with my first hand knowledge of our dealer in our area.
The old Isuzu diesel pickup PUP trucks are in high demand by those in the know since they often get 500,000 miles off of one if the chassis and body can stay together that long, all the while managing to squeak out 50 mpg too. One of my close friends has two of them on his farm and they have been a piece of cake to keep operational. BTW, he really really like my two TDI's too!

Ric Woodruff

BANNED, Ric went to Coventry.
The only reason I sold my Isuzu pickup is that it didn't have A/C when I bought it living in North Alabama, and when we moved back to Florida, I got tired of the heat.

BTW: I sold it to a guy who bought those babies up and exported them to Central America. I often had visions of it running thru the jungles of Nicaragua with a machine gun mounted in the bed.

Ric

Ric Woodruff

BANNED, Ric went to Coventry.
My Isuzu truck averaged a disappointing 36 MPG with a 4 speed manual; below what the EPA ratings for it was. I don't think they could get anywhere near 50 MPG.