sensor4 bank1 EGT

Unhappy Jetta

TDI
2011 jetta
Can anyone tell me where sensor 4 bank 1 is located on a 2011 jetta tdi .I have already replaced 2 EGT sensors on it at the advice of 2 different dealerships. Both were incorrect locations for sensor 4 bank 1. I replaced the sensor by the turbo, all by feel, I don't think they could have hid that one any better, and then the one with the orange plug at the fire wall on drivers side, sensor located in the can on rear of engine I believe it is the particulate filter.
VAG 401 scanner still shows code of egt sensor 4 bank 1 electrical malfunction.
AT A LOSS FOR WORDS!!!!! VW "fix " was done on emissions system 2 years ago
vehicle has 85000 miles

Last edited:

Unhappy Jetta

TDI
2011 jetta
sensor 4 bank 1 EGT

I 'm not sure if it would be . I was under the impression that it only extended it for 18 months. I had it done about 2 + years ago Definitely something I will check into this week. Thank you for mentioning that. I will let you know how that turns out. appreciate it.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
There are two qualifications for the warranty. Some time since the last fix and some time since the car was sold the first time.Whichever one is longer is the one that covers you. Read the emissions warranty booklet for your car and see which applies for you.

"Extended emissions warranty
Post emissions modified vehicles get a 10 year / 120,000-mile warranty (from in-service date). If longer, (depending on the age of the vehicle) it’ll get 4 year/48,000 mile emissions warranty from date of modification. Emissions warranty covers anything the emissions system affected. ie; entire exhaust system, particulate filter, catalytic converter, engine long block, head, internals, glow plugs, injectors EGR system, and turbocharger."

Unhappy Jetta

TDI
2011 jetta
Hey guy thank you so much for the info. Found the paperwork on fix and it says exactly what said. Called dealer and have appointment for repair. Appreciate all your help. I see the importance of checking paperwork before buying parts to do it yourself.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
According to the document anything that sets a check engine light is covered, except for the transmission. As long as it is under warranty let them fix it on their dime. Check the docs but I think they also owe you a rental if they can't fix it in one day. Print that thing out and reread it and keep a copy in the car so you can show unknowing service advisers. I keep an electronic copy on my phone just in case I need it.